Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9402 vs 9451 ?

Old 01-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Ground Zero-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9402 vs 9451 ?

Hi all,

I am setting up my 25% Sig Cap and it has come time to order the servos. After researching my choices I have boiled it down to either the analog 9402 or the digital 9451 for all of the control surfaces. Both have metal gears and about the same torque (110 & 120) for the same price. I guess what I am looking for is some direction on finalizing my decision. I have never owned digital servos before so I have no reference as to their performance and feel versus analog. Any insight would help out tremendously.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-19-2003, 04:19 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default digital servo

Digital servos have a tighter control loop. That means they will develop the same thrust as the analog servo with less error signal. This makes the control seem much more sensitive.
I have found that with digital servos I have to put in negative exponential on the control channel to soften up the control around neutral so that I can fly it without wobble. I doesn't make much sense for me to buy digitals. You may like them.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:11 PM
weasel33

Default go digital

Hi Mike

Go Digital
Having used conventional servo`s for the last 30 odd years i recently converted to digitals 9451`s in an Avonds F15 and theres no going back.
First thing you will notice is less stick movement for a given manouvre and better precision flying they considerably remove
blowback tendencies on large surfaces at higher speeds
One tip is to mass balance all control surfaces and go on to 6volts

regards

Brian