Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
70.59%
No
29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Transmitter PC interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:27 AM
brad-a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmitter PC interface

Wish I had seen this before I bought a 9c

This is exactly what I had in mind.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1553

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3961807/tm.htm

JR is way ahead of Futaba as this has been out for more than a year.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Brad,
Futaba has never been a leader in technology. They have always taken the safer route of using proven ideas and let others blaze the new trails. I would find it much easier to program models with a large computer screen, rather then an outdated VCR menu approach. How many people could program one of those things. That approach was necessary, because of the limitions of past technology. That isn't the case anymore. For those who need to be in front of the model during final tweeking, a laptop computer can be at home in the workshop as well as the office. We can upload and download at will and save as many models as a 250 gigabyte harddrive will hold. Those that wish to remain rooted in the past, can continue to do things the way grandpa did them. I guess you can tell that I like the idea.

Dave
Old 12-10-2006, 01:19 PM
brad-a

Going by this thread it seems to be a little known feature that JR has has since at least 2004.

JR should play it up more and quit charging extra and simply make it part of the package. I think part of the 70% on this poll would be persuaded to switch for that feature alone if in the market for a new radio. If I had know it would have been the deal maker for me.
Even for the extra 100.00 they charge or even the RotorSoft product.