Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

fUTABA 9C MODE I TO 2 CHANGE

Old 11-01-2006, 10:44 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default fUTABA 9C MODE I TO 2 CHANGE

Has anyone been able to successfuly change a 9C mode from 1 to 2 without sending the
radio in to the service center? i know there is provision in the program to do so but i
understand there is some type of recalibration required.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fUTABA 9C MODE I TO 2 CHANGE

I see no reason why you couldn't do it yourself. My brother did the mechanical changes on my 6XAS in just a few minutes. The stick mode change in the software took no time at all.

If you do it and it doesn't work the way you want, you can send it in for 'calibration.'
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 AM
AERORICH73

Irad: For $50.- plus postage it would be far safer to send it in to the Futaba Service Center than take a chance doing the job yourself, or by others. At $380.- a pop, it just is not a good idea to take it apart. I have one to sell for a widow, and as a retired aircraft mechanic, I would rather have the service center do the change. Hitec did the change for me on a Hitec Laser 4 for $10.- plus postage for me after I purchased it from the estate. Now I know that it is safe to use at the club flying field.

Rich S.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:21 AM
ira d

Thanks for the reply but changing the mode wont in any way make the radio unsafe
i just wanted to here from someone that may have already done the change and see
if they may have run into any problems.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
huggins

I switched mine from the mode 2 to mode 1. It is fairly easy to do if you have a little bit of dexterity. Remove the rf module and battery, then take the back off. Take the ratchet tab from the throttle axis and move it to the other gimble. Remove the elevator detent spring, lever and adjustment block and move it to the other gimble. Put the back together. Do the software change (I can't remember how to get to it off the top of my head....check the manual of their website). Done! Technically, it should probably be re-calibrated, but I didn't. All of my planes took maybe a click of elevator trim after the change. Didn't seem like enough to worry about. Been flying it that way for 4-5 years.

Mike
Old 11-02-2006, 09:29 PM
ira d

Mike
Thanks for the reply it was just the info i needed.