Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jr 10s?

Old 02-08-2002, 04:36 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jr 10s?

I know the X is the newest and best, but can get a used S, what is all different besides digital trims? Like to know if it is worth getting, its alot cheaper than a new one!!!

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2002, 04:42 AM
JohnVH

Default Jr 10s?

Also, what is one worth? just the TX and module
Old 02-08-2002, 06:17 AM
heliguy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr 10s?

John, I believe that the 10s was the second in the JR PCM 10 series.

PCM 10, 10S, 10SX, 10SXII, 10X.

If I am not mistaken, the PCM 10 only worked in FM and PCM Z mode (512 bit). The 10S and on should support FM, PCM Z and PCM S (1024 bit). Check on this, you probably want PCM S mode support as all current PCM receivers are S receivers.

The JR 10 series is single format mode, either heli or aircraft and includes only the programming for one or the other (Unlike the 8103 which can be purchased in heli or aircraft switch arrangement, but includes the programming for Heli, Aircraft and Glider).

You may need a battery as this unit is probably 8 to 10 years old. If you currently fly Futaba, remember you must use a JR charger on this unit as the polarity in the plug is reversed. JR transmitters are not compatable with Futaba receivers.

I personally fly on a 10SX heli version and have never had a problem with it using R600 FM and 649S PCM receivers. Function wise I have never found anything that I couldn't program.

As far as a price, I can't help you there.

For what it's worth - Al
http://www.rchelibase.com
Old 02-08-2002, 01:56 PM
JohnVH

Default Jr 10s?

it is only an S, I am thinking Im going to pass on it, was going to do a little trading but the more I think about it my JR8103 does everything I need anyhow.
THanks guys!