RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using Hitec RX with Futaba and JR TX

Old 02-07-2002, 09:14 PM
VoughtF4U
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Using Hitec RX with Futaba and JR TX

I am getting ready to purchase a couple of RX for some planes I finished off this winter. I normally just swapped my original RX around between planes during the flying season, but I can now afford a RX for each plane.

Will I have any difficulties using a Hitec RX (supreme 8) with Hitec crystal on channel 32 with a Futaba TX (Super 7) on 32?

Same thing, but with a Hitec RX (supreme 8) with Hitec crystal on channel 25 with a JR TX (8103) on channel 25.

Do I need to get the Hitec Supreme shift select RX if I am using it with the JR 8103 or can I buy a regular supreme 8 RX with JR servo connections? I am pretty sure of the answer to these questions but want to double check before I order them.

Thanks,
-Scott-
Old 02-07-2002, 10:14 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Scott, I have pretty much the same setup- a hitech rcvr that is futaba compatable w/ futaba tx.I have the hitech spectra module in my futaba super 7 tx so that if i had enough rcvr crystals , all I would have to do was to dial in what channel I needed into the spectra module.
I am pretty sure that you have to have the rcvr that is compatable with like type of tx.I know that hitech makes one for both futaba and jr. Heres what I would do: go to the radio questions here on rcu and find the heading that says: Ask Mike at Hitech(he works for hitech)and he will be glad to answer any questions you may have.Good luck!!! John McGowan
Old 02-07-2002, 11:11 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hitec RX's work just fine with Futaba equipment. I have a Hitec 555 RX using it with my Futaba Super 7 TX, no problems at all. There is a lot of our club members using Hitec RX's with no problem.....good equipment IMO.

Vince
Old 02-07-2002, 11:24 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

With JR/Airtronics you must either use a shift select RX or a dedicated RX. Same for Futaba/HiTec. If your using either type TX's [negative/positive shift] it makes sense to purchase a shift select RX.

Its important to realize you must use a HiTec crystal with the HiTec RX's. HiTec RX's will accept any range of crystal hi or low band...

HiTec RX's have been tested by many RC Tech Guru's all of them give Hitec a thumb's up... Threre actually far superior to much of the OEM stuff that is floating around from years gone by...
Old 02-07-2002, 11:28 PM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would go with the shift select just to keep my options open for the future. I just took a quick look at prices. The 8 channel supremes seem to be the same price or a couple bucks cheaper than the 7 channel shift selects.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:36 AM
Ed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by mglavin
With JR/Airtronics you must either use a shift select RX or a dedicated RX. Same for Futaba/HiTec. If your using either type TX's [negative/positive shift] it makes sense to purchase a shift select RX. .
> mglavin

Mglavins quote just about says it all. Futaba & HiTec Tx's produce a negative pulse, and JR & Airtronics produce a positive pulse. You must either ask for the Supreme receiver to match your Tx, or get the Shift Select version.

Jim Lynch - Moderator
Old 02-08-2002, 01:54 PM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

FMA also makes a very good switch selectable (+ for JR and Airtronics, - for Hitec and Futaba). reciever. Rod