Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

USB Joystick as a controller?

Old 11-12-2006, 07:04 PM
jcunning007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB Joystick as a controller?

So this weekend I tried a friends plane, and it was a nightmare .

I'm a traditional pilot and I need my stick and throttle.

Is there a way to we could use my laptop and a usb joystick to fly the plane.

Convert the output from my laptop to the transmitter?

Sorry if this a common question but all I can find is connecting the rc controller to PC, not the other way round.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Raylon

Default RE: USB Joystick as a controller?

Sounds like a lot of work, a lot of software and a waste of time you could be using to learn the right way. I'm sure it's possible, but, why don't you fly Flight Sim X? It seems more like what you would want.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
redfox435cat

This is why i don't like training real pilots. You just need to step back. forget everything you know about real planes except the physics and start over. If you go in with the mentality, I fly real planes so these toys are child play then you'll have a hard time with it. It works really nice the other way around, flying models then getting into a real plane and learning but it doesn't work very well this way
Your at a different perspective, you don't have the seat in pants feeling and no wealth of information in front of you. It's not want you wanna hear but what can I say?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tried to do that a few yrs ago but don't have the electronic knowledge to figure it out through the trainer cord. Would be a more natural way of flying. Was going to take the pots out of an old trans. and mount them on the joystick and work it through the trainer cord. May give it another go.