Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spektrum 2.4GHz 5-channel Transmitter from E-flite ( LP5DSM ): Any Details?

Just saw the soon to be released " E-FLITE Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli" with "Interference-free 5-channel E-flite transmitter with built-in Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology":
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1250

Looks very impressive with a price tag of under $200. That's for a helicopter WITH a 2.4 GHz, DSM 5 channel radio sytem.

My questions concer the radio:

1) Is the transmitter programmable for more than 1 aircraft? If so: how many?

2) Will 4 or 5 channel receivers become available for use in fixed wing aircraft? If so, details please (size/ weight/ price/ range/ etc.)

IF it is multi aircraft programmable AND seperate aircraft receivers will be available within reason, then I will DEFINATELY put this item as #1 on my Christmas wish list.
    Avatar: Electric Powered, Highly Modified Hangar 9 Corsair
    Club Saito Member #670

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spektrum 2.4GHz 5-channel Transmitter from E-flite ( LP5DSM ): Any Details?

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock
    Just saw the soon to be released " E-FLITE Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli" with "Interference-free 5-channel E-flite transmitter with built-in Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology":
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1250

Looks very impressive with a price tag of under $200. That's for a helicopter WITH a 2.4 GHz, DSM 5 channel radio sytem.

My questions concer the radio:

1) Is the transmitter programmable for more than 1 aircraft? If so: how many?

2) Will 4 or 5 channel receivers become available for use in fixed wing aircraft? If so, details please (size/ weight/ price/ range/ etc.)

IF it is multi aircraft programmable AND seperate aircraft receivers will be available within reason, then I will DEFINATELY put this item as #1 on my Christmas wish list.
    I just received my Blade CX-2 from Helihobby. Four days from order to delivery with $10.00 discount coupon. The Transmitter has a Bind feature to recognize the GUID code of a single specific receiver and you would need to do the binding process, very easy, for changing to another receiver. The transmitter is not programmable as far as I know except for dip switches for reversing directions of servos etc.. In this short time I have owned the kit I am very happy with it. I have an HDX-450 and had a few crashes at first but I am learning so I will use the Blade for training. It is very responsive and is great for indoors. The CX-2 flys perfect right out of the box. Hovers in one spot easily for longer than I ever thought was possible without touching anything except the throttle slightly. It does have an unused CH5 with a 0 to 100% dial.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your reply, bart2461.

From your description, it sounds like this is a really nice helicopter. And from what I am seeing in the pictures, it LOOKS great also.

But, I am hearing (and as you have suggested) that the transmitter is NOT multi-aircraft progammable. That is: it can only be set-up for 1 aircraft, and has no multi aircraft memory.

That is a HUGE disappointment to me. If they (Horizon?) were to include (sustitute) a Spektrum DX-7 transmitter for maybe an additional $50 or so, this would be something I could not resist.

Avatar: Electric Powered, Highly Modified Hangar 9 Corsair
    Club Saito Member #670

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spektrum LP5DSM 5 channel 2.4GHz with DMS

Can you connect this controller to a PC for use with a flight sim?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can this radio be used with a airplane if possible please let me know
    thanx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mini14gb

Spektrum LP5DSM 5 channel 2.4GHz with DMS

Can you connect this controller to a PC for use with a flight sim?
    Yes, I have the sim. Pre Flight, tell them which transmitter you have and they send you the software and correct cable. I ordered the Blade edition software, cost 35$ & $5 shipping.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rgrolling where did u get the software?