Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Spektrum 2.4GHz 5-channel Transmitter from E-flite ( LP5DSM ): Any Details?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum 2.4GHz 5-channel Transmitter from E-flite ( LP5DSM ): Any Details?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 11:23 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Spektrum 2.4GHz 5-channel Transmitter from E-flite ( LP5DSM ): Any Details?

Just saw the soon to be released " E-FLITE Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli" with "Interference-free 5-channel E-flite transmitter with built-in Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology":
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1250

Looks very impressive with a price tag of under $200. That's for a helicopter WITH a 2.4 GHz, DSM 5 channel radio sytem.

My questions concer the radio:

1) Is the transmitter programmable for more than 1 aircraft? If so: how many?

2) Will 4 or 5 channel receivers become available for use in fixed wing aircraft? If so, details please (size/ weight/ price/ range/ etc.)

IF it is multi aircraft programmable AND seperate aircraft receivers will be available within reason, then I will DEFINATELY put this item as #1 on my Christmas wish list.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:15 AM
bart2461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum 2.4GHz 5-channel Transmitter from E-flite ( LP5DSM ): Any Details?

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock
Just saw the soon to be released " E-FLITE Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli" with "Interference-free 5-channel E-flite transmitter with built-in Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology":
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1250

Looks very impressive with a price tag of under $200. That's for a helicopter WITH a 2.4 GHz, DSM 5 channel radio sytem.

My questions concer the radio:

1) Is the transmitter programmable for more than 1 aircraft? If so: how many?

2) Will 4 or 5 channel receivers become available for use in fixed wing aircraft? If so, details please (size/ weight/ price/ range/ etc.)

IF it is multi aircraft programmable AND seperate aircraft receivers will be available within reason, then I will DEFINATELY put this item as #1 on my Christmas wish list.
I just received my Blade CX-2 from Helihobby. Four days from order to delivery with $10.00 discount coupon. The Transmitter has a Bind feature to recognize the GUID code of a single specific receiver and you would need to do the binding process, very easy, for changing to another receiver. The transmitter is not programmable as far as I know except for dip switches for reversing directions of servos etc.. In this short time I have owned the kit I am very happy with it. I have an HDX-450 and had a few crashes at first but I am learning so I will use the Blade for training. It is very responsive and is great for indoors. The CX-2 flys perfect right out of the box. Hovers in one spot easily for longer than I ever thought was possible without touching anything except the throttle slightly. It does have an unused CH5 with a 0 to 100% dial.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum 2.4GHz 5-channel Transmitter from E-flite ( LP5DSM ): Any Details?

Thanks for your reply, bart2461.

From your description, it sounds like this is a really nice helicopter. And from what I am seeing in the pictures, it LOOKS great also.

But, I am hearing (and as you have suggested) that the transmitter is NOT multi-aircraft progammable. That is: it can only be set-up for 1 aircraft, and has no multi aircraft memory.

That is a HUGE disappointment to me. If they (Horizon?) were to include (sustitute) a Spektrum DX-7 transmitter for maybe an additional $50 or so, this would be something I could not resist.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
mini14gb

Spektrum LP5DSM 5 channel 2.4GHz with DMS

Can you connect this controller to a PC for use with a flight sim?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 AM
ishangupta77

can this radio be used with a airplane if possible please let me know
thanx
Old 01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
rgollin

ORIGINAL: mini14gb

Spektrum LP5DSM 5 channel 2.4GHz with DMS

Can you connect this controller to a PC for use with a flight sim?
Yes, I have the sim. Pre Flight, tell them which transmitter you have and they send you the software and correct cable. I ordered the Blade edition software, cost 35$ & $5 shipping.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 PM
JAVELEZFIG

rgrolling where did u get the software?