Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

H E L P !!! question on servos

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 07:18 PM
D_Dawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H E L P !!! question on servos

I have 4 JR 331s and 2 Hitec HS-81s that are doing some strange stuff.

I am using a Futaba Super 8 Tx and a Futaba FP-R129DP Rx.

I know the receiver is good. I have checked it by using a Futaba 3001 servo in 8 of the 9 slots and in functioned normally (9th slot shared w/battery) ...

Receiver and Tx are both on the same freq. And TX is set to PCM.

However ... when I hook up any of the 6 servos mentioned above.

They all go full deflection in one direction or the other when power is applied.

I am under the impression that JR, Hitec and futaba are compatible as far as the order of the wires ...

Signal -> Power -> Ground and only the color code of the wires are different.

Do I have 6 bad servos or a possible wiring problem.

If it is a wiring problem ... (all six servos are used and had extentions soldered on ... using JR color coded wires orange;Red; brown ... I had bought from another flyer which he said he used a Futaba Super 7 Tx and Futaba 127DF Rx)

What can I do to insure that all 6 servos are good (hopefully without having to pull the 4 out of the wings!!!) ?

Any and all Ideas are welcome ... because I am baffled or just stupid ...
Old 01-24-2003, 08:10 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H E L P !!! question on servos

Hitec and JR servos are used together without problems..
1. Try a battery checker in line and see if there is an abnormal load being drawn by a wiring fault. (you did check battery voltage was up and the battery is large enough to handle multi servos abd long leads?
2. Just one faulty wire connection could cause a problem - try unplugging one servo at a time until normal operation is resumed. Leave the last one removed out and reconnect the others back in one at a time checking to see if normal operation continues - you can then re- examine the faulty item/wiring.

refer also to the very good info at =
RC Flyers Guide to the Radio Control System
http://www.websherpa.co.uk/rcf/control.html

RC Flyers Guide to Electrics
http://www.websherpa.co.uk/rcf/electrics_guide.html

and much much more at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/

regards
Alan T.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:28 PM
D_Dawg

Default things that make you go ... Hummm ....

1. Try a battery checker in line and see if there is an abnormal load being drawn by a wiring fault. (you did check battery voltage was up and the battery is large enough to handle multi servos abd long leads?
Battery was fully charged (601mah reading) and only one servo at a time was checked. I also checked the known good servo on ch 1, 2, 3, 4 ... Aileron, elevator, throtle, rudder in normal and reversed ... the the 6 servos in question ... Full and instantaeous deflection.

Lead length only comes into play with the aileron servos (Spirit elite Glider has a 78 inch wing ... aileron leads are approximately 20" in length.

All 6 servos was (assumed) working and and hooked up when I bought the plane, minus the receiver and Tx.

Can the servo centering be way off? such that when power is applied ... the servo is just trying to "center" itself?

(which I find hard to believe ... since the plane's controls appear to have been already setup)
Old 01-25-2003, 06:34 AM
D_Dawg

Default OK ... Now I need the help of a real Genius

The JR 331s and HS-81s work in my Hitec 555 receiver. as do my futaba 3001 and HS-422 standards ...

in my FP-R129-DP ... the JR-331s and the HS 81s nor the HS-85 I had laying around DO NOT WORK!

however, my Futaba 3001 and HS-442s work normally?

Radio used with the FUTABA 129-DP ... T8UAFS set in PCM mode ...and yes, I tried PPM setting as well ...

with the Hitec 555 ... I used my Flash 5x TX ....

So ... what is the problem here ... is My 129-DP receiver not compatible with the micro servos? is it too old of a receiver?

or is my TX confused dealing with a 9 channel receiver ...

totally puzzled now ....