Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Most distance?

Old 12-04-2006, 04:18 AM
blacklisticeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most distance?

I am building a RC tank ( well sort of) ill explain the design if needed, but i am looking for the most range that i can get through brush and elevation changes... never wanted to go further out than i could see before! Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what system i should use for max range and emergency shut off for loss of signal

thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Most distance?

This is interesting. Dont know about range but you could use a cheap little $20 fail safe gizzmo on the throttle. When it looses the pulse train it returns to a pre-set position, usually stop or idle. A friend and I talked a lot about doing a C-130. Then drop a rc hummer out the back in a lotar menuver. Pop up a little 50cal gun with a machine gun sound bd and have somebody drive it off the runway.
Edwin
Old 12-05-2006, 04:46 AM
blacklisticeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Most distance?

well here is the thing, the tank/thingy that i am building has a wireless transmitter for a IR camera and microphone on it. they can range about 3000 feet through the brush and elevation changes so i was wanting something comperable to that so when i range of that far i dont loose controll of the machine and haev to sit there and watch it do nothing. any ideas