Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Hitec radio systems, inexpensive and good quality?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec radio systems, inexpensive and good quality?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 09:09 AM
MiL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec radio systems, inexpensive and good quality?

From what i've seen the higher end products in the Hitec lineup appear to be pretty nice systems and at a very reasonable price. Are there things that these radios are missing when compared to higher cost setups from Futaba and the other 'big' brands? Especially as far as the transmitters are concerned.
Old 02-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

The Hitec Eclipse has features the high end Futaba's, and JR's have, and the eclipse has even more.Daz...
Old 02-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say the Hitec equipment, at least in my experience, and from what I have seen, is as good as anyone's. I have been using some Hitec servos and receivers for a number of years with my Futaba equipment and it has all been flawless.

Vince
Old 02-11-2002, 07:36 PM
Blackie

Default Newly purchased Ecllipse 7

I just purchased the Eclipse 7 and found out after the pruchase that Hitec are not commonly used in competition very often is there a reason?

Blackie
Old 02-11-2002, 10:09 PM
DK64

Default Re: Newly purchased Ecllipse 7

Originally posted by Blackie
I just purchased the Eclipse 7 and found out after the pruchase that Hitec are not commonly used in competition very often is there a reason?

Blackie
Alot of people are sponsored by JR and futaba. One local flyer at our field is also sponsored by futaba. Also, the hitec 7 doesn't have all the features the JR 8103 or Futaba 8 or 9cap has and I am sure of this becasue a flyer at our field has one but it is still a good radio for the price.

One guy at our field had a 4 channel hitec in a trainer and was flying and forgot to pull up his antenna and believe it or not he was way out there (about the length of a football field) with his antenna all the way down and flying fine allthough when i saw it I ran over there and pulled it up for him and asked him about it and he said he didn't even notice a difference and still had full control of the plane. THATS A GOOD WAY TO RANGE CHECK A PLANE......hehehe..

as for the distance, it was atleast that far. I don't know why but beginners tend to get WAAAAY out there and then wonder why they crash when they can't see it anymore...
Old 02-11-2002, 10:15 PM
Dazzler

The Hitec eclipse has all the features a JR 8103 has, and more. The 8103 does not have flight modes, throttle hold, throttle cut. Daz...
Old 02-11-2002, 10:48 PM
DK64

Originally posted by Dazzler
The Hitec eclipse has all the features a JR 8103 has, and more. The 8103 does not have flight modes, throttle hold, throttle cut. Daz...
and just where did you hear that?

I use all of those functions on my heli and sometimes my planes.the only thing that the eclipse has over the 8103 is the throttle cut button but for that I just use a programmable mix and set it to the top right switch and so that it has no effect if i hit the switch unless the throttle stick is all the way down so nothing happens if i hit it in the air. If you do some more research I think you will find out more about what the 8103 offers over the eclipse.of course thats hard to find a site on the web that lists all the functions and is much easier to read the 145 page instruction book that it comes with which you can download at the horizon hobby web site.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:29 PM
Dazzler

Does the 8103 have flight mode switch. 3 setups with flip of switch. Daz...
Old 02-11-2002, 11:49 PM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Default Hitec

I don't know about the radios themselves, since I am a Multiplex user, and probably will never change, but I love the Hitec servos.
I think Hitec has one of the most complete servo line-ups, if not the most complete, and at good prices !

Michael
Old 02-12-2002, 02:55 AM
DK64

Originally posted by Dazzler
Does the 8103 have flight mode switch. 3 setups with flip of switch. Daz...

Yes, right above the throttle stick....
Old 02-12-2002, 03:55 AM
Blackie

Default pricing between the two

After looking at the pricing between the two "JR and Hitec" it seems as though you get a large bang for the buck with Hitec. The 8103 is $200.00 + more then the cost of the eclispe 7.

I purchased my Hitec from quatum at $259 and just after that they went up on price to $275.

Blackie
Old 02-12-2002, 04:21 AM
DK64

Yes, the hitec is a good price, but it just doesn't have ALL the features of other radios. It does have almost all the features you would need to fly a plane but for heli's there are some features that it does not have allthough it can get by without them it just makes it alot easier. as for the price..You get what you pay for (most of the time ) I can think of atleast one thing that makes the price higher and that would be the dot matrix LCD screen which shows graphs and makes it alot easier to program throttle curves and exponential; when you move the stick it puts a line on the graph at the sticks current position so you can see exactly where you need to adjust pitch and throttle curves and such.allthough not requred it makes life alot easier.but like I said if you fly just planes then you can get around just fine with eclipse.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Blackie

Default DK64

Hello DK64!

Don't really plan on heli's at least not anytime soon. I am only 6 -7 months into the hobby and the planes seem to be keeping me very busy for the time being.

As a matter of fact I just purchased the Edge 540T 90 size from aeroworks and have been very ocupied over on the ARF thread under 540T Edge.

Blackie
Old 02-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Dazzler

Presently, I am using a Futaba 6XAS and JR652, I like them both but the Futaba is alot better to me. I was suprised to find out the JR652 didnt even have expo on the rudder. Overall the 6XAS is a nicer radio than the 652, even programming is alot simpler than the JR652. I really like all the feautures of the Hitec eclipse, I already utilize their recievers, and servos and love them. I will probably purchase the Eclipse in the future. Maybe for Heli flyers the JR 8103 is better,I dont know, but for the price of the JR8103, I would rather have the Futaba 9CA. Personally, I think JR is a company that likes to squeeze the consumer with their prices, and giving their stuff away to their little competition flyers, look at the JR std. 537 servos, they cost 25.00, and barely have 40 oz of torque, what a rip off, I will never buy another JR unless they do some major restructuring. I may take alot of heat over this, but I really feel JR SUCKS.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:58 PM
FCC

Dazzler

I think you haven't noticed the quality and reliability of JR radios. All their ideas and products are genuine and top quality.

For Hitec I think they are new to this hobby but JR is much older and their products are the most reliable and top quality.

As DK64 said... You get what you pay for, so if you have a ship of more than $500 in the air then you rely on the most top quality.

Some guys just take this hobby for fun and not fully involved in and takes any cheap radio for flying say... Hitec
But those guys who have some real taste and involvement in this hobby takes care of everything and mostly rely on JR or Futaba .
Old 02-12-2002, 05:47 PM
Sport_Pilot

Default Hitec quality.

Hate to tell you this but Hitec didn't just start making radios under their name overnight. They started out by making componets for JR to JR's standards of quality. I think they also made the last World Engines radios also.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:54 PM
Dazzler

Ditto!!! Hitec has been around for years.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:44 PM
DK64

I may take alot of heat over this, but I really feel JR SUCKS.
No heat, thats your opinion. everyone has their own!
Old 02-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Dazzler

FCC, You sure you know what your talkin about? Hitecs been around for years!!! Daz...
Old 02-13-2002, 01:20 PM
Jackjet
My Feedback: (1)

Default JR

Originally posted by FCC
Dazzler

I think you haven't noticed the quality and reliability of JR radios. All their ideas and products are genuine and top quality.

For Hitec I think they are new to this hobby but JR is much older and their products are the most reliable and top quality.

As DK64 said... You get what you pay for, so if you have a ship of more than $500 in the air then you rely on the most top quality.

Some guys just take this hobby for fun and not fully involved in and takes any cheap radio for flying say... Hitec
But those guys who have some real taste and involvement in this hobby takes care of everything and mostly rely on JR or Futaba .
FCC,
I have this 17 year old F-4-(built in 1985)-and I could not aggree with you more-I fly it with a JR10sxII-rock solid-my prop planes I use Hitech and Futaba-but NOT in a $6000 Jet..............

Jackjet
Old 02-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Dazzler

You guys that are convinced that JR, and Futaba radios are so much better than Hitec. Trust me, your buying on name alone, and thats fine. I too have ships over $500.00 and I have no problem with my hitec recievers,or servos not a glitch in the world. I know a fellow flier that has a JR10X($1000.00) with all digital servo's(JR), and he was getting hit alot on a $3000.00 bird. Thats not good!!
BTW Hitec has been around for 26 years, and 10 years in the US. Daz...
Old 02-13-2002, 05:55 PM
FCC

HitecRCD is the sub division of Lucky GoldStar, go to their website and you will learn how old this is...

I think the Korean wants to grasp the market without any experience and professional backgroung history... But Sorry JR is much older and High Quality as comapred to Hitec...

Just look at the Laser models of Hitec... they try to copy the JR style and their models have mixed blend of copying the Futaba and Airtronics... no originality

I think now you feel the heat...
Old 02-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Sport_Pilot

Default Originality

So if this is so why is Futaba copying the Hitec 3 channel Focus? And why is JR copying Hitec 4 and 5 channel Focus? Hmmm?
Old 02-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Dazzler

FCC, Look at all the crappy JR radios that have come out lately, I can't even keep us with them:
JR622 Crap
JR Quattro Crap
JR Quattro Lite(What the heck "lite) Crap
JRX38 Crap
JR421 Crap
JR631 Crap
Compared to these radios the JR8103 is nice, but way overpriced, but none of these come close to the features of the Hitec Eclipse. Need I say more. Daz...
Old 02-13-2002, 09:48 PM
Blackie

Default My two cents

Well to tell you the truth! I really don't see what difference it makes which is the best out of the radios mentioned, all I care about can I trust my aircraft to Hitec, I truly think I can. I asked the older pros at our flying field and none of them said that Hitec was a bad radio and some of them even use them. I trust their judgement, not to mention I don't have the cash it would take to purchase a radio that's going to do the same as a lower priced radio.

Sure I know the saying you get what you pay for but as I mentioned above I think I can trust experienced judgment.

Blackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.