Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I'm guessing about crystal swaping?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
pywackit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm guessing about crystal swaping?

Hey Guys, I've got a JR transmitter with all the bells and whistlers and it doesn't work since the internal battery has gone dead. I don't plan on sending it in right now to be replaced since I'm using my JR Quattro which is very basic and came with the Alpha trainer I'm flying now. I got the fancier JR box used from a friend cheap along with the receiver and servo's!

Now...I've bought one of those JR trainer buddy boxes and was wonder if I could take the crystal out of the fancy box and put it into the JR trainer box to use for another plane? I've noticed all the boxes say 72 mhz right where you plug in the two pronged crystal. I'm not sure what the 72 mhz means but I know the frequency isn't that. Will it hurt to swap these out with other 72 mhz JR boxes?
I don't want to use my trainer box as a trainer box anymore and put the receiver and servo's into another plane so I have two seperate planes ready to fly.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
carrellh

Default RE: I'm guessing about crystal swaping?

Chances are the trainer box doesn't have all of the required circuitry to be a transmitter.
Also, it is against FCC regulations and AMA safety code to change transmitter crystals in the US.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
pywackit

Default RE: I'm guessing about crystal swaping?

Carrell, thanks for the heads up....I read other posts but wasn't sure if they were talking about the same thing.