Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Do I Need a Power Box to Do this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 AM
butchn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Need a Power Box to Do this?

I want to power my retract servo with its own 6V battery. When I split the servo wire to get the signal from the RX and the power from a 2nd battery pack it will not work, the servo jumps around a little and stops. Servo is good. Battery is good. Have gone back to plugging the 2nd battery pack into the RX and all works - but it is not how I wanted to do this since I am using the 2nd pack for other on-board things too. I didn't think the signal and the power had to be common to one battery - must be wrong. I know I could add a 2nd RX but was hoping to avoid this. Anyone got any ideas on this?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Do I Need a Power Box to Do this?

You can use JR's Match box and plug the bat into it. At the same time you can fine tune the servo with the match box a well. Dennis
Old 12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
nwagers

Default RE: Do I Need a Power Box to Do this?

You can use Futaba's MSA-10 for this purpose. It's a great little device. If you want a DIY I believe you need to make sure that both the receiver and the servo have a common reference voltage (ground). Try using a Y cable and cutting the red wire on it. Then plug it into the receiver and plug the battery and servo into it. Let me know how that works.