Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Glitching

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 06:42 PM
Allie33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitching

I have three senarios here:

1) JR 8103 TX, Jr Rx on ch. 31:

Another pilot and I shared the same frequency and while I waited for the pin I turned my RX on to see what would happen. Nothing happened. I puller my TX crystal cnd confirmed the frequency. Further trial showed that we did not affect each other at all, TX's on or off. The explanation from others was that "Furaba and JR on PPM don't necessarily affect each other". This is contrary to my unqualified opinion.

2) JR 8103 on ch. 17

Saturday I completed three flights, uneventful. Sunday there were two normal flights, but on takeoff of the third flight the plane went totally banannas, became airborn and gyrated thru the air to a termination in some soft bushes. Big ones. Somehow, it was undamaged. God was with me.

I flew extensively from 1974 to 1983 and never experienced this absolute lack of control with GYRATIONS.

After retreiving the plane, I performed a test. All controls were flawless, so I went farther. I was alone on 17 at the field. Next I left the RX on and observed my plane for response over a two hour period. Three times in that span I had violent glitching that lasted for about "??" seconds that I did swamp with my TX next to receiver antenna. I might add that another pilot on ch. 13 had a runaway situation such as I. Ground check produced the same glitching. I don't think that we glitched at the same time but I can't be sure. Needless to say, either of us flew again that day.

I will save the other problem for amother post, as the plane TX end RX have been trashed.