Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

which trainer cord?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:46 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which trainer cord?

Hi. I have a Futaba 6EXA and my student has the Tower Hobbies 6XM. These radios are practically the same, in fact the cases come out of the same mold. They both have the same square micro trainer cord connectors. I want the Furtaba to be the master tx and the Tower to be used by the student tx. Does it matter whether I buy a Futaba trainer cord or a Tower cord? The Tower cord is $2 cheaper. And, if I want to reverse the setup and use the Tower tx as the master does it make any difference? Thanks, David.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:56 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which trainer cord?

It does not matter for this combination.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:50 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Carrell. Since Futaba makes the Tower radio I suspected that it made no difference. But, it's better to be safe than curse myself later for making a stupid little mistake.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always better to be safe. Combining a Futaba 8U as master with a Hitec Flash 5X student requires the Hitec 'one way' cord. My brother learned that lesson when he connected the two with a Futaba cord and got smoke out of both transmitters. Both still seem to be working correctly (by themselves and with a Hitec cord) but smoke from electronics is bad.