Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Xmitter programming help needed....(please)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:52 AM
reincarnate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xmitter programming help needed....(please)

I'll cut to the chase. How in the world does a guy go about programming a new xmitter to utilize the full capabilities of the plane and the radio? I've got a JR XP7202 and although I really like the potential of the system, I don't know how to know wether or not I'm setting things up to get the most out of my planes. Is there a site or post that better explains the terms and functions than the manual? As the saying goes, I don't even know enough to know what I don't know! I realize that these are pretty open-ended questions, but if someone could head me in the right direction, I'd feel alot better about pushing buttons. I feel very uncomforatable setting mixes, expos, etc, when I feel like I'm just guessing. If knowledge is power, then I'm a 58 pound weakling. Feel free to kick sand in my face.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Xmitter programming help needed....(please)

ORIGINAL: reincarnate

I'll cut to the chase. How in the world does a guy go about programming a new xmitter to utilize the full capabilities of the plane and the radio? I've got a JR XP7202 and although I really like the potential of the system, I don't know how to know wether or not I'm setting things up to get the most out of my planes. Is there a site or post that better explains the terms and functions than the manual? As the saying goes, I don't even know enough to know what I don't know! I realize that these are pretty open-ended questions, but if someone could head me in the right direction, I'd feel alot better about pushing buttons. I feel very uncomforatable setting mixes, expos, etc, when I feel like I'm just guessing. If knowledge is power, then I'm a 58 pound weakling. Feel free to kick sand in my face.
In my opinion, you should be setting up to the high & low rates specified with the plane's directions, and not deviating (or setting mixes) until you see a need.

Once you have seen, through flying the plane, a need for expo, or different travels, or mixes, you can add them.

If you want more specific information, you'll need to describe the plane and the way you have flown it.

Good luck,
Dave Olson

Old 12-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Ugo Ferrari
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't it make you crazy when you read the manual and it still don't make any sense ??
What type of plane are you trying to set up ?
Ugo
Old 12-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Ed_Moorman

Hey, I just sent you an e-mail offering JR programming help, but got blown off by your spam filter telling me I had to qualify to be heard by his highness. I don't qualify to talk to anyone.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Ugo Ferrari

Sorry Ed, That ain't never happened to me before ! I don't even know who would be blocking my emails....Anyway, this fellow would sure like to get your advice . My next comment to him was to tell him where I go to for my programming ! LOl ! Take care of this fellow Ed !
Ugo
Old 12-16-2006, 09:56 PM
reincarnate

ORIGINAL: Ed_Moorman

Hey, I just sent you an e-mail offering JR programming help, but got blown off by your spam filter telling me I had to qualify to be heard by his highness. I don't qualify to talk to anyone.
Ed if you sent me an e-mail I'll add you to my list. Sorry bout the blocker, I have a son who signed up for something on the internet... now we get about 500 spams a day. Regal Imperial Men Who Know Lots More Than Me are welcome any time.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:01 PM
reincarnate

ORIGINAL: Ugo Ferrari

Don't it make you crazy when you read the manual and it still don't make any sense ??
What type of plane are you trying to set up ?
Ugo
Any plane at all. I have a 1/3 Pitts that I bought from an RCU member, and he supplied his programming, and I've got my (had my. It crashed) H9 P-51 set up pretty good just by guess and by golly. I'm just looking for help so I can understand what will happen when I mix this with that, or any of the other variables that leave me talking to myself and watching the test pattern on the TV. I'm not stoopid just cornfused. And maybe a little stoopid.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Ugo Ferrari

I was gonna refer you to Ed... He does ALL my JR programming ! Take it Ed !! LOL !
Ugo