Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hobbico servo's any good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 05:05 AM
jjoos99
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico servo's any good?

I am looking for a good servo that wont break the bank. I need a high torque servo. Was looking at the hitec 605's but jusst keep hearing about there bad centering problems. Anyone know how the hobbico line of servos are?
thanks
Jeff
Old 02-10-2002, 02:32 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitec 605's do have s light centering problem, but I would venture a guess that they are not as bad as Hobbico. I have a lot of 605's in operation, and none of them have been a problem for me, I fly sport and scale. I can see that if you were into the latest 3D craze, the purist among us would probably insist on a different servo, and a proportionaly higher price. At $30 a servo, the 605BB's are certainly one of todays bargains in our hobby.

I view all Hobbico equipment with a "grain of salt", after experiencing several failures with some of their equipment. I sure as %$# will not trust any of the radio to Hobbico components....just my 2 cents.

Vince
Old 02-22-2002, 07:49 PM
PLANEIAC
My Feedback: (1)

In looking at the manufactures specs. and the servo case i would bet the hitec makes hobbico servos.

could be wrong though

SK
Old 02-22-2002, 11:28 PM
ReallyUglyStick
My Feedback: (5)

i think hitec makes part of the hobbico line...futaba has the rest. not sure which ones go where, though. you could take a look at radicalrc's servos. www.radicalrc.com i bought some from them and have had no problems. there's also a few folks in my club that use and like them as well. he's got some hi-torque bb servos, or whatever others you might need. very low prices.
Old 02-23-2002, 06:09 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Default Hobbico Servo's

The Hobbico Servo's I have (Hobbico Command) are all re-badged Hitec's. I have several (605 equiv, 425 equiv and 80 equiv, 1 retract 75 equiv). All perform just fine, as you would expect from the Hitec line of servo's.

FWIW, The Tower system 2000 servo's are also re-badged Hitec's.