Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Overshoot

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
odell
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Overshoot

I noticed that one of my aileron servos (Futaba 3004) would overshoot the commanded position and then return to the correct position. It is wired on a rather typical setup with a Y and extensions. I tried two other servos in that position with the same result. I switched(left/right) the Y leads and the problem moved to the other servo. I replaced the Y and both servos would overshoot but with a reduced amplitude. I removed the extension between the receiver and the Y and the problem mostly disappeared. One servo still has a slight overshoot. What is the problem here do extensions cause the servo to have reduced damping?

Odell
Old 12-19-2006, 03:45 PM
brutonj

Default RE: Servo Overshoot

I have had that problem and the recomendation that was given to me was to clean the connector where the extension meets servo lead. It seems they oxidize and that plugging and plugging the connector a few times with the help of some contact cleaner solves the problem. It worked for me. I was also using the Futaba 3004 servos.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:12 AM
odell
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Servo Overshoot

Thanks for the response. I will try your suggestion but the airplane is new and has not been flown. However, some of the connectors may have been used before and may need attention.
Thanks. Odell