Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Low Band -high Band Advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:10 AM
STEVE LENZ
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low Band -high Band Advise

:idea: Hi I have 2 older tx Conquest FP-T6NFK that went south on high band #36 and with at least 4 rx the same channel rx FP-R 127 DP My question is I have a older Conquest on channel 26 that good can I just change the TX Crystal to 36 and use it with the upper band #36 gear? It seems to works ok when I do it but I would rather not take a chance with my baby's. If it is wrong and it's need to go in for re tunning, I will if it's cost effective. This question can probably be answer by someone who knows more than me maybe Ann and what will it cost to do it if I need to send it in. thanks for any of reply to help me out. O I forgot to mention I love the radio because of the way it feels it's light. And let my Friend fly my plane and he left the antenna down all the way and did not loose my plane so I am sold on the little guys. Steve L
Old 01-28-2003, 04:37 AM
Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Band -high Band Advise

Changing the crystal is technically illegal. It may work in some or all cases, but it may also cause problems. The big thing is, if it does cause problems, it's your fault directly. It's more of a legal issue than anything, but it depends on who you talk to. If you want to be safe, take it to a shop and have it re-tuned just to make sure it's within specs on the channel you want. It also helps avoid spurious emissions that'll shoot down other pilots. You're local shop should offer tuning services, or you can send it to the manufacture to re-tune it. It'll cost some money, though it usually isn't too expensive. I'd highly recommend having it returned "Just in case" If nothing else than for the piece of mind, that if something does go wrong, it's not your fault.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:23 AM
STEVE LENZ
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rx high & low band

Thanks I wish I had a local radio shop. It's getting where I have to drive 25 miles just to go to a decent hobby shop. that has stuff I need. that another story all in it's self, I will give customer service a call and see how much it will cost may just sell the old Tx with low band RX and pick up a new 6 X super to back up the one I have.