Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX7 Display Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:37 PM
n3cal
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7 Display Issues

I think it would be a good idea to start tracking issues with the DX-7 TX Display. I've had the radio for a few weeks now and have seen two issues with the display. I have the Helicopter version of the DX-7. I have the radio setup for my Hirobo Lepton EX. Besides a week of bench testing / setup of my Lepton, I've also logged 12 flights. The Integ Timer currently shows 12:12:54.

The display issues have been :

1. After power on get Blank Display, nothing displayed however receiver/servos appear to still work correctly. Tx Battery voltage was 10.4 volts.

2. After power on Display is backwards (like your looking at it in a mirror) or from inside the TX. Really weird. TX Battery voltage was 10.2 volts.

Both issues were eaisly cleared by switching power off and power back on. Both Issues did not required re-binding the TX - RX.

Anyone else have display issues pop up? I like the radio however continued issues like this are a concern.

Best regards,
N3CAL

Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
teamevan

Default RE: Spektrum DX7 Display Issues

n3cal,

Call Secktrum 10 min. ago! (or horizon) They are extremely helpful and are super knowledgable about all issues. The guy that helped me learn about some of the heli settings was beyond comparison.

They want andn need to know problems to help the next generation of radios. they will fix or replace anything you need.

I JUST BOUGHT MINE TODAY AFTER SIMULAR SCREEN PROBLEMS WITH A JR 6102 ( they are completely diffent radios even tho they look the same. . . only the case and the plugs are the same. . . TRUST ME I OPENED MINE UP TO ADJUST THE TENSION SPRINGS. BUT YOUR PROBLEM IS HOW MY 6102 ISSUES STARTED.

DONT WAIT TO GET ON TOP OF THINGS

-evan
Old 12-30-2006, 01:38 AM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definately call Horizon to tell them you are returning the radio. I bought the DX7 a couple weeks ago and I have no issues with the screen not turning on. I haven't flown anything but I have had the radio on several times. I had a similar issue a couple years ago with a 6102, sent it back and they fixed the problem and never had another issue, has been a great radio.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:54 AM
davo580

will all of teething probs with the dx7 I think that I will stay with my jr9xseries 2
Old 12-30-2006, 07:17 PM
onewasp

Try to list the "teething problems".

Then compare --- it --- to any other radio ever sold. I'll bet the DX7 has fewer than your 'good old reliable'.

In my neck of the woods we have around a dozen DX7's functioning ----- and no problems.

Mine is exceeding my expectations and they were pretty high to start with.

signed
Former 10X flier.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:44 PM
n3cal

ORIGINAL: onewasp

Try to list the "teething problems".

Then compare --- it --- to any other radio ever sold. I'll bet the DX7 has fewer than your 'good old reliable'.

In my neck of the woods we have around a dozen DX7's functioning ----- and no problems.

Mine is exceeding my expectations and they were pretty high to start with.

signed
Former 10X flier.

One wasp:

Glad to hear your DX7 is working for you! I only wish you the best.

In my 25 years in the hobby I've never had a radio where the display was sometimes flakey. All of them have been rock solid.

The DX7 is the first radio I've had where the display sometimes does not meet my expectations. That's my only comment so far.

Best Regards...

N3CAL

Old 12-30-2006, 09:16 PM
LESSOR2

My DX7 has performed flawlessly in every respect. I think it is an outstanding product. The way I see it, the only excuse I have for a crash is me. It's an electronic devise. There will always be a bad one here and there.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:47 AM
davo580

looking on this web site and all the posts that been on about the dx7 of loosing the link and loosing the display's.. I never had in the 8 years of flying had trouble with my trans. the jr pcm9xseries 2 has been my best so far no trouble
Old 12-31-2006, 10:14 AM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

n3cal, have you contacted Spektrum yet on this issue?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:40 AM
n3cal

ORIGINAL: rc-sport

n3cal, have you contacted Spektrum yet on this issue?

Yes, I called the Spektrum Product Support number. The DX7 is a Horizon Product so it happens to be the same number. I explained the problem but they didn't seem to interested unless it could be duplicated. I could send the radio in for a look but chances are nothing would be done unless the problem is constant.

I've seen other posts regarding this display issue on a few of the other forums I follow. Hopefully Spektrum monitors these forums and makes an attempt to address the issue. It's too early to tell what the outcome will be.

Since this is a new product all I can do is provide customer feedback. That is what the intent of this thread is all about. Purely provide facts on how the radio is performing.

N3CAL
Old 01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
trinitized

Beware and test the radio before you go out and fly. There are a few DX7 radios the have many problems. I just purchased this radio and lost 3 of my planes because the radio lost signal with the receiver at 150 feet or less. I used this planes with my hitec optic 6 and had no problems. Also know that horizon will not be responsible for any of the damages I just sent it in for repair and if the problem's still there I will sell it.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:44 AM
wc524

Sounds like your Tx was in bind mode or something...150ft? A range check would have showed that error. I always walk at least 300-400ft away on my range checks.....first with the antenna down then up just to make sure there's no interference from the ignition, etc...
Old 01-06-2007, 04:04 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I have to ask, after you lost the first plane why did you try a second plane and after you lost the second why would you even consider trying a third plane? Didn't you think there could be something wrong with the radio after you lost the first plane?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:59 PM
don_87

ORIGINAL: trinitized

Beware and test the radio before you go out and fly. There are a few DX7 radios the have many problems. I just purchased this radio and lost 3 of my planes because the radio lost signal with the receiver at 150 feet or less. I used this planes with my hitec optic 6 and had no problems. Also know that horizon will not be responsible for any of the damages I just sent it in for repair and if the problem's still there I will sell it.

I can't find it right now, but I will!
That same story was posted under a different user name about a month ago.
I agree with rc-sport , After you lost the 1st, why would you try a second, and then a third?
As far as I'm concerned, you probably don't even have a DX7 or a DX6 or even any rc equipment whatsoever.
You need to take your stupid a** somewhere else where someone may believe your lies.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

kids playing with their mom's computers .
Old 01-06-2007, 06:52 PM
gnirwin

you know, the world is full of negative people. Watch the threads, everytime a new product is brought to the market, be it a radio, plane, engine, whatever, there are always the negative posts. "the planes too heavy" "the engine is junk" " the radio won't work". I do think there are people that post with ligit problems that need addressed but the negative people that post with second hand reports and negativity really hurt the function of this board and those that need solid answers.[&o]
Old 01-07-2007, 11:25 AM
orlbuzz

OK Guys and Gals,

Legitimate complaint (my mom's deceased and I'm 62 yrs young). I fly a Blade CP Pro with my DX7 and nothing else. While flying and making adjustments today, I turned the Rx. on and the display was UPSIDE DOWN ! (not hollering, just emphasizing) I turned it off and on again and it was fine after that.

orlbuzz
Old 01-07-2007, 11:55 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you 26 or 62 ?
My Rx does not have a display---------------
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
orlbuzz

LOL,

I'm 62, that's why I make those kinds of mistakes. CBAD (chronic benign adult dementia)

TX Display!

orlbuzz
Old 01-07-2007, 05:06 PM
tkilwein

Well,

All I can say is take a picture of it and send it to the vendor. Seeing is believing.
Did this on a problem before and that was enough for the vendor to
exchange the item. Proof is all they want, they want to find issues and fix
them before they go forward with a new product or piss off their buyers.
Most of all be diplomatic, most vendors do not want to or will not, deal with a hot head.

Item I did this on was a indash car radio that the display quit on one side VERY intermittantly.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:09 PM
orlbuzz

Quote, N3CAL, "Since this is a new product all I can do is provide customer feedback. That is what the intent of this thread is all about. Purely provide facts on how the radio is performing."

That's all I'm doing. I love the radio. If the problem becomes persistant, I will deal with it in a polite manner, as Horizon has some of the best support and nicest and most knowledgable people of any company I have ever dealt with.
I waited about a month for this radio and another month for the AR6100 Rx. I'm not about to send it back now for a quirky little problem like this, lol.
If it happens again, I will try to find a camera, good idea by the way, thanks.

orlbuzz
Old 01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
gnirwin

That definately is something you will want to keep your eye on, thats a good idea to try to get a picture of it if it happens again. These radios have a pretty long warranty but with my past experience with electronic equipment is that most the time ,if there is going to be a problem with the product, it will show up when the product is new.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

Take a pic of the problem, write a nice letter with your returned radio and you will get the problem resolved. These guys at Horizon are pros, they will fix your problems.

Regards, Bill
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
TURBINATOR

My new DX 7 is on it's way back to Horizon. Having major interference problems with a gas motor on ignition. Also after binding, the receiver will not recognize the transmitter at times.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Just my two cents worth here. I've installed RX's on two planes so far, a Goldberg Tiger 120, and a Venus II Pattern Plane. Both perform flawlessly. I did see the blank screen one time, but I turned off the RX then TX, then turned on the TX then the RX and the display was normal. That was one time in many power cycles. Other than that, as I said, it has performed perfectly.

DS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.