Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help needed on Radio basics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 07:09 AM
s3uoq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed on Radio basics?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and based in Australia but not new to R/C Buggies. Been out of it for few years but used to race Kyosho Optima Turbo Electric Buggy. I'm currently saving for a decent kit car (looking at the Kyosho MP777 or the Hobao Hyper 8 Pro) at the moment but would like to learn heaps more about radios n receivers as I wish to buy one before purchasing a car

I've read a bit on these forums but am feeling lost because I was more into the car side of things than the radio back when i raced. I did have a Hitec wheel radio back then but thats about all i can tell you about it.

Could someone give me the run down on AM n FM....ive read talk about 27mhz and 75mhz...? what does all this mean. What are digital radios? what are all these new radios that don't need crystals and how does this work?

Sorry for all the questions but feeling really lost with all the radio talk.