RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spectrum - Programming Help With Flaps

Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spectrum - Programming Help With Flaps

Hi Guys - I think I've read most of the posts, done searches in the threads on "Flap" and can't find any mention of my programming problem yet []

I have a H9 Ultra Stik Lite 120 with flaps. I had it hooked up with a JR 8103 with flaps alone or 'Crow' in it.

I have the left and right Ailerons hooked up as needed and flaperon's ON. I have the flaps set up on a Y harness.

When I flip the switches on the Aileron's go up in the flap up posistion, neutral in the mid setting and down in down. I thought I'd be able to turn on the 3 way switch on but the above happens, in other settings the Flap mixing screen is completely turned off in the set up mode.

I finally messed around with it enough that I got the flaps to come down in the middle notch and in the bottom notch Aileron's and flaps both come down together. I had to back it out about 50% which backs the Ailerons back up to give me enough travel that I can still fly it.

I downloaded the set up manual for the JR 7202 and it is showing to to use chnl 2 for right aileron (which I already have) but then it goes on to put the left aileron in chnl 5 (gear), right flap in chnl 6 (aux 1) and left flap in chnl 7 (aux 2).

I haven't tried the above change yet, just to flustered trying to program it from earlier.

Has anybody else been able to program in flaperons and flaps so the 3 position switch works right?

Appreciate any light anyone can shed on this
Old 01-09-2007, 12:18 AM
pt40crasher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Spectrum - Programming Help With Flaps

I am having trouble with this as well. I'm trying to mix in flaperons with no success. Also, I'm not sure why there is never a field in the menu for flap 1, just flap 0 and flap 2. This is my first computer radio, so I'm unfamiliar with the process. Any help would be much appreciated.

Crasher[&o]
Old 01-09-2007, 01:53 AM
pt40crasher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nevermind, I figured it out! Mix1=flaps->flaps.
Flaps = 0%
Flaps= 50%

Old 01-09-2007, 10:13 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I spent a little time using the JR7202 setup in the Horizon site for the Ultra Stick 40 found here: [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/JR_7202_UltraStick_Programming.pdf]UltraStick Programming Guide[/link]

I plugged my servo's in as mentioned in the first post above and then started following the directions down through and it was pretty much exactly the same.

If you try it, you'll notice that after you do the Dual Aileron Setup, that your left aileron will go up. They forgot to tell you one step. Go to the Gear screen and set both the up and down values to 0. This kills the gear switch and zero's out the aileron which you can now sub trim if needed.

I now have ailerons set up on individual servos NOT using flaerons and my 3 position switch for flaps works and is adjustable.

Now what I'm working on and can't get it to work is the Aileron to Flap mixing so I can use the top right switch to get the flaps to work in unison with the ailerons. What I get now is the surfaces working in oppsoite directions of each other. I'll tackle it again later and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

It would appear that any JR 7202 specific programming guide will work as well for the Spektrum (I Hope).

Anyone have any other ideas to help this poor ol'cowboy figure this new fangled gadgets out