RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP and H9 Ultra Stick 60..

Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Geardaddys

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 9CAP and H9 Ultra Stick 60..

Ok, I know that this has been posted before, and I've read every word that pertains to this setup on the forums, including the FAQ from futaba..

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to get this radio set up for the US 60? I am using a 9CAP, with a 8 CH receiver (R168DF) I think.. Anyway, I've been through the Futaba FAQ setup pages 5 times, each one starting from scratch and have not been able to get this thing even close to doing what it is supposed to do.. I have the receiver set up as described in the FAQ..

So far, I think that the problems are as follows:

1. when activating the elev-flap mix, the ailerons moving rather than the flaps..
2. when activating full span ailerons, the right flap is not coupling up with the right aileron.. seems to be in a fixed position.
3. when activating crow left flap does not move at all, right flap goes UP with the aileron.. not down as it should..
4. when activating the flaps via the left side slider, they are moving opposite each other..

I think that some of these issues have been mentioned before, anyone have any good Ideas?

Thanks!!

John.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 9CAP and H9 Ultra Stick 60..

Take a look at these...enjoy.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_18...tm.htm#1910318

post #11

and this one

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_13...ey_crow/tm.htm

I think this will answer all of your questions.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Geardaddys

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 9CAP and H9 Ultra Stick 60..

Thought that I'd post what I've learned in the last few days with this setup.. Firstly, I had been programming this setup in ACRO mode and was having several problems that I couldn't seem to get right.. In the Elevator/Flap mix, I couldn't get the flaps to come down with elevator input.. for some reason the ailerons were moving rather than the flaps.. According to John at Futaba tech support, this is normal, and there is no workaround for this in acro mode? Sounds fishy to me, but that is what I was told. My second problem was that after following the FAQ, I couldn't figure out how to tie CROW into the throttle stick. I wanted it porportional to throttle position in the event of a go-around the high drag config disappears. The FAQ only supports manual deployment of the CROW feature..

Anyway, considering both of these problems.. I decided to throw the FAQ in the garbage and set the receiver channels up as the 9C manual calls for (which is a bit different than the FAQ).. and reprogram in Glider2Flap mode..

The result was that in less than 25 minutes I have all of the functions that this airplane was built for and I didn't have to do any "additional" mixes to get the crow to work. In acro mode, you have 3 additional mixes to support the flaps in crow config.. not so in Glider.. Also Aileron-flap, flap-aileron, elevator-flap all work perfectly..

I did however have to build a mix for throttle cut and "low Idle" which was very easy to do.. Anyway for those of you struggling with this configuration give the glider mode a shot.. seems to be just what the doctor ordered for this airplane..

John.