Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MPI servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 06:26 AM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MPI servos

looking for user comments on MPI servos including reliability and longevity....interested primarily in the MX 460, but general comments on the MPI servo line welcome.....thanks
Old 02-04-2003, 06:21 AM
furloughed ual

Default MPI servos

somebody........anybody??????????
Old 02-04-2003, 01:49 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPI servos

I have an mpi 460 on the rudder of a big extra. I just recently traded for this plane but so far I like it. It is fast and has good torque. It is a bit noisier (loud) than some other servos. I bought 6 mpi 870's (used) recently and have used 3. A fourth was just too glitchy to fly. They are scary fast, so fast they have a tendency to bounce excessively at center when you just let the stick back to nuetral. I have found in my experience they dont like long extensions (the 870's). they got quite jittery when I tried to use them on the elevators of my wagstaff with 20" extensions. From my experience I would probably purchase the 460 again, but the 870's are too jumpy, but they are wicked fast and are a great servo for a fun fly. All of these have been run on 6volts. maybe they wouldnt be as jumpy on 4.8.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:27 PM
furloughed ual

Default MPI servos

smallfly, thanks....sounds like 6 volts may be some of the twitchiness issues......anybody else using MPI servos???
Old 02-05-2003, 12:18 AM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Default MPI servos

I am currently using 4 MPI 460 MG servos in a SIG CAP 231; they are on 4.8 volts and quite fast and steady. No problems. All are on relatively long extensions; two for ailerons, wing-mounted and two on elevator halves, tail-mounted.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:51 AM
oviedoed

Default MPI servos

Using 5 of the MPI 460 MG in a Creek Staudacher with a 4.8v 2900ma battery. 3 are mounted in the tail on long leads [24in].
With a full charge on the battery [5.5v] they jump around a little until I knock off the surface charge by operating everything for a min. or so while the engine is warming up. Yup, they are a noisey
bunch next to nylon but up in the air a 100 ft. or so, I don't hear a thing except that motor!!! I will buy these again.