Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

new receiver technology!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:50 PM
adrian-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new receiver technology!!!

dudes just see this!!! www.weatronic.com
Old 05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
adrian-RCU

Default RE: new receiver technology!!!

redundancy??? end of story - check it out
Old 05-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Red B.

It's a nice product but as far as redundancy is concerned it seems that the dual receivers operate on the same frequency a less than ideal solution. IMHO the [link=http://www.acteurope.de/html/diversity.html]ACT Europe[/link] range of diversity receivers offers more bang for the bucks. They can be coupled together in various ways to allow true double frequency operation, programmable fail-safe and 4 free mixers per channel (in the Rx, not the Tx).

/Red B.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Wow, I read the manual and Im impressed, does away with switches, Regulators, matchboxes, Ys and all plus you get a data logger to find out what happened after you hit the ground
Wont start making them for us until June
Old 06-06-2006, 02:49 PM
adrian-RCU

red?? nice product[:-] - dude nobody has come close in terms of total package power box - wow!!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice features but watch out , it has limitations. i don't think the jet guys are going to like some things. don't bother mixing your rudder and aux5 "nosewheel"together. you'll get bad lagg on your nose wheel . i'm talking about the wetronic 10-20 and the jr 10x
Old 01-22-2007, 09:43 AM
rmh

I don't see why it is "new".
the Tx still shoves out the same old stuff in the same bandwidth in the same frequency-
THAT is the problem
May as well have a Futaba 14
some kid on your frequency with a $99.95 radio and plane set will likely clobber you.
Same problem---
Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 AM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Outlaw that 72 mz stuff! It is amazing we haven't all been killed! You know with all those kids out there with those $99 airpalnes and shoot downs a "way of life" etc etc etc etc GET A LIFE
Old 01-22-2007, 10:18 AM
rmh

rave on --that does not change the facts .
Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 AM
k3 valley flyer

Facts being only what you state, anything from the rest of us is either operator error or just BS. One of your Spektrum cronies actually made that statement in another thread. So who is Raving (mad)? You Spektrum junkies or those of us who have had no issues with the current technology? No need to answer that, I have heard all your facts to many time already.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 AM
warbird_1

I’d never buy one of those radios without first giving them time to see if any major downfalls or problems come up. I see to many people billing them as a miracle radio. my point is they still have to send and receive a signal in order to work . now grant it it sounds like a better mouse trap, but give it time . that may prove it self true . last thing, you're quick to condem the old system , well i can't remeber when or if i lost an airplane from rf failure.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:17 AM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the technology IS in fact well tested. At least since WW2, it's been used to some degree or another with encrypted communications, etc. Now it's used extensively in many forms mainly because it really works good.

What we have here with the Spektrum is merely a consumer/hobby application for an existing (albeit advanced) technology. I'm surprised it's taken this long to get the system on the street, but at least it's here now.

72mhz has treated me really well over the years, but the truth remains...it's a very vulnerable system to a variety of interference sources. It doesn't matter in the least whose logo is on the box, how advanced the mixes are, or if the case is made of machined unobtanium. You're screwed at the drop of a hat. As the value (and size) of models increases...it makes less and less sense to entrust their security, and the safety of others on the ground to a basic technology that is fundamentally unchanged since the first r/c plane flew in the late 1920's.

Won't be long before the 72mhz rigs will be sitting on the shelves right along side of TV tubes, Rotary phones and 8-track tapes.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
pilotpete2

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

some kid on your frequency with a $99.95 radio and plane set will likely clobber you.
Same problem---
Just my 2 cents here, but those RTFs should NEVER have been allowed to be marketed with 72MHz radios, they belong on 27MHz.
Unlicensed use of 72 MHz trequencies between licensed commercial users, not smart either Some control would have been better, like maybe requiring a simple FFC licence for 72MHz if not AMA covered, to purchase a 72MHz radio. But then It's a bit late in the game for that now.
Pete
Old 01-22-2007, 12:02 PM
rmh

boy I really don't understand the approach some take.
Sour Grapes , The Sky is Falling etc..
The real reason for radio control is a radio -designed to control .
ALL of the systems till now have been shared control devices.
In a perfect world -that would suffice.
The inherant risks of 72 have always made me uncomfortable
I went the 53.xx route many years ago -to cut possible losses. and have never had a problem with it
but it is also a shared approach - just shared with a far smaller group.
2.4 ghz is also shared but not in the same manner and the basic link has a "got shot down" incidence of almost nothing . I can't find a single incidence.
Having some technical bugs is part of any new system . So far -if the new 2.4 is used as intended - I see no problems
As for other new systems -- just tricking up the systems is not new -in my book.
If that works for you - go for it -
Old 01-22-2007, 12:05 PM
BillS

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

I’d never buy one of those radios without first giving them time to see if any major downfalls or problems come up. I see to many people billing them as a miracle radio. my point is they still have to send and receive a signal in order to work . now grant it it sounds like a better mouse trap, but give it time . that may prove it self true . last thing, you're quick to condem the old system , well i can't remeber when or if i lost an airplane from rf failure.
The single transmission frequency is 40-year-old technology that was people flawed from day one. At the time it was the only technology available and it has served us well over the years.

Multiple transmission frequencies have been available at reasonable cost for about 15 years. Some research into the various spread spectrum mythologies might help you to understand the inevitable future.

The manufacturers appear to be adding whiz-bang to the old technology to keep it alive. When they start loosing serious market share they will present the new technology as the “best thing since sliced bread.â€

Those who have not lost an airplane to turn on may not have been flying long.

Bill
Old 01-22-2007, 12:06 PM
RaceCity

Dick, I'm sure you're familiar with the old FCC Class "C" license we all had for our r/c units not so long ago.

"Licensing" didn't stop old Gomer from rolling into the field with is "Fah-TOO-bah" blasting away in the back seat, and hosing down half of the 72mhz band.

S/S can't fix everything, but it does address what was previously a huge unknown in r/c modeling. Thank goodness.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:22 PM
warbird_1

you really should check YOUR tude at the door. in case you don't understand , Because your superior intelligents, what i'm trying to say is be NICE !

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

boy I really don't understand the approach some take.
Sour Grapes , The Sky is Falling etc..
The real reason for radio control is a radio -designed to control .
ALL of the systems till now have been shared control devices.
In a perfect world -that would suffice.
The inherant risks of 72 have always made me uncomfortable
I went the 53.xx route many years ago -to cut possible losses. and have never had a problem with it
but it is also a shared approach - just shared with a far smaller group.
2.4 ghz is also shared but not in the same manner and the basic link has a "got shot down" incidence of almost nothing . I can't find a single incidence.
Having some technical bugs is part of any new system . So far -if the new 2.4 is used as intended - I see no problems
As for other new systems -- just tricking up the systems is not new -in my book.
If that works for you - go for it -
Old 01-22-2007, 12:25 PM
warbird_1

i think change is long over due. maybe they'll come out with a drop in module for my 9303 . i have hear some say it won't happen because the 2.4 is totally different from what we have now
Old 01-22-2007, 01:08 PM
pilotpete2

Warbird,
I'm putting my money on a plug in module system, Hitec claims to be working on a modular system, which makes sense since their modules fit Futaba trannies[8D]
So maybe if we're patient there will be one for my 9Charlie and your 9303 and of course there's always ExtremeLink
Pete
Old 01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
RaceCity

I wonder if it's really as simple as a plug in module? That would address the RF part, but the data processing seems to be handled a bit differently as well with the S/S systems. That would entail another board change would it not? Then there's an antenna change. Small potatoes, but another added cost. Then the receiver needs to be changed....

Ka-Ching.

Just a thought.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:01 PM
k3 valley flyer

You are the one who has used THE SKY IS FALLING claims to dis 72 radios and promote 2.4. Glad you are happy with your new toys, stop trying to ram them down the throat of us who are happy with our old toys.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:35 PM
pilotpete2

ORIGINAL: RaceCity

I wonder if it's really as simple as a plug in module? That would address the RF part, but the data processing seems to be handled a bit differently as well with the S/S systems. That would entail another board change would it not? Then there's an antenna change. Small potatoes, but another added cost. Then the receiver needs to be changed....

Ka-Ching.

Just a thought.

Only the DX 7 has done away with the standard PPM signal that is sent to the RF module, there are many folks flying "Spektrumized" transmitters of almost every brand, using the DX 6 RF deck, so no problem in going SS with modules at 2.4GHZ or 900MHz for that matter. You just won't have some of the advantages that the higher frame rate system that the DX 7 offers.
Pete
Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM
RaceCity

Gee whiz fellas...

I don't think Dick is ramming anything down anyone's throat. He does have an opinion on the technology as he is entitled to. I'm sure similar arguments raged when r/c systems went from 465mhz....to 27mhz....to 72 mhz. They surely did when the "narrow band - 1991" came along. Oh man....the fights that raged over that one because it WAS in effect "rammed" down your throat whether you wanted to upgrade or not. Technology does however move forward...sometimes to our chagrin. I've got at least one radio that in it's day...was the cat's *****. By today's standard? It's not worth the postage it'd take to mail it to the dump. Just the way it is.

2.4ghz all by itself isn't magic. It's the technology required to operate on the ISM band that makes it superior.

I'm no psychic, but I believe it'll be quite soon before no serious r/c system would be caught dead anywhere else.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
RaceCity

OK Pete...I didn't know that.

Even so. Are the "Big Dogs" going to be happy with an upgraded Tx that doesn't quite have the same speed, etc?

Kinda stinks to be holding the bag on a $1000 TX that isn't quite up to the standard set by the $349 one.

I'm so glad I waited to upgrade. I like my old Futaba, but I'm loving the DX-7!!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:23 PM
rmh

$1000?
I have one of thse and since I have had it since they came out (10X)It has been -in my opinion the best thing since sliced bread -easy to use and dead nuts reliable
Now supposing you just spent over twice that ----- - That may make your tummy cramp a bit .
My 10X is up for grabs -I am getting next generation when they are available - and flying the DX7 till then
Also I have an absolutely killer deal on a Radiocraft 42% bare nekked--for anyone who is able to travel to SLC.
I need the parking space

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.