Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Caomputer radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
walk4718

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caomputer radio

I am still flying my Alpha with the entry level radio. I have recently bought an Ultra-stick 40 for my second plane. I notice in the manual that a computer radio is necessary to get the full features from this plane, later down the road when I am ready for the aerobatics. I would like some suggestions for the best radio to purchase for this plane and others I might add to my fleet.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Robbidos
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Caomputer radio

Well that particular plane is best flown with a 7 channel radio (2 aileron, 2 flaps, rudder, elevator, throttle). Using all servos on their own channel give you lots of flexibility. I'm not sure a Futaba 7U will handle all the options you might want on it. The 9C super would get you most everything.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:03 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Look at the DX-7 with-in a few years most if not all radio's will go to 2.4 gig. Dennis
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Whatever radio you get, make sure that it has the crow feature.

I'm guessing you have the Quatro radio? If not, disregard this part. 8103s are pretty inexpensive right now. My guess is that one could be had for less than $150. That would work with your current receiver (which probably doesn't have enough channels for the US) and allow you to fly both planes off of one radio. Keep the Quatro as a buddy box to rope your friends into the hobby.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In order to fully ustilize the 4 flap wing, you need a transmitter that can handle all 4 servos on individual channels.

Hitec Eclipse 7
Futaba 9C, 12Z
Jr 8103 & 9303, 10X
Jr 7202 or Spektrum DX7 - with extensive work with mixers
Airtronics Stylus
Multiplex Royal Evo 9 or 12

These will get the job done.