Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmission of own data using a radio

Old 01-30-2007, 04:37 AM
fypkernahai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission of own data using a radio

Hi!!
I have a futaba T6VA transmitter and i want to use one of its channel to send my own data (from a computer) to the receiver. ANy idea how it can be accomplished?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Transmission of own data using a radio

What kind of data?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:13 PM
redfox435cat

There is no simple answer for this. You have to really know how the radio is mixing the channels and how the rx is decoding them. The system is designed to encode send and decode it's own signal which is basically a 1-2ms square pulse every 20 ms. For simplicity the industry has standardized the signal, but that also means the signal generator and the decoder are integrated into the circuit board which unfortunately would make it kind of difficult to patch into it this is also why you can get really small with the units. It’s very doable but honestly someone who had the knowledge to do this probably wouldn't be asking it. The other problem that comes to mind is no channel has a continuous feed to the Rx. The TX sweeps through the channels updating the position data, this is done very quickly so you don’t notice.
It was asked before, what kind of data are you trying to send?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:00 AM
john_doe

Wouldn't it be possible to send the data from the computer via the trainer plug and just use the rf stage of the transmitter? But then i guess you have to also generate and mix ALL channels from the computer to 'emulate' a second transmitter. Maybe use an gamepad/joystick in the computer to controll the application. You would also have to use some sort of gear to decode your data at the reciever end (maybe a microcontroller of some sort), and you have tho program your own software in the computer you are using. I have thougt of doing this myself for some robotics application, but havn't got to that yet. so all in all this is just some speculation from my part.