Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX6/7 Transmitter mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 04:47 PM
g007monroe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6/7 Transmitter mode

So I'm a few weeks away from purchasing a Spektrum tx/rx for my helicopter (Walkera #60). As per email correspondance I recieved from them (Spektrum), they are only manufacturing their transmitters in Modes 1 and 2 (with no intention of doing modes 3/4). Is there a way to modify the transmitter/gimbals to accomodate mode 3?? It seems to me that I'd be able to just swap both gimbals and be done with it, but I'd like to know if this is even possible before I potentially ruin a $250 transmitter.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:09 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: DX6/7 Transmitter mode

Do you actually fly mode 3? You'd be the only person I ever talked to or ran into that does. Heck even out of the 250 plus members of the 3 clubs I belong to only 2 total fly Mode 1
Old 02-02-2007, 11:10 PM
g007monroe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX6/7 Transmitter mode

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Do you actually fly mode 3? You'd be the only person I ever talked to or ran into that does. Heck even out of the 250 plus members of the 3 clubs I belong to only 2 total fly Mode 1
HAHAHA. Yes, I really do fly in mode 3. I'm a lefty, and it always just made sense to me (the first time I picked up a tx/dual analog controller, I realized that I needed cyclic on the left...). Out of necessity, I've taught myself to fly mode 2 (Realflight G3...). Any time I pick up a tx, I have to close my eyes and visualize myself using it in whatever mode it's set (mode 2 or 3), just so I don't crash on takeoff ( I just picture my hands moving the sticks, and the corresponding movements on the heli). I am 10x more proficient with mode 3 though.