RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Compatability of JR8611 servos and Futaba 149DF reciever.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:59 PM
karolh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Compatability of JR8611 servos and Futaba 149DF reciever.

Has anyone ever encountered a compatability problem with JR 8611 servos and Futaba 149DF receiver. On Friday evening my flying buddy while setting up his recently acquired 50cc size Yak, had a brand new Futaba Rx go dead after approx. 1 hour of bench time. We figured that the Rx might have just been a dud so we changed it out for a similar one from another model and all went well during the remainder of the setting up exercise.

The batteries were put on charge overnight and we went flying early this morning only for all control of the model to be lost as the model's airborne system went completely dead after about 5mins. into the first flight. Needless to say it was a total wipe out. The model used six JR8611's on a 6volt system. We are completely at a loss as to what could have caused the problem.

This was a previously flown plane that had always performed well and the only thing that was changed was swapping the original JR Rx for the Futaba 9ch. 149DF Rx. Any ideas anyone ?

Karol
Old 02-04-2007, 08:54 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Compatability of JR8611 servos and Futaba 149DF reciever.

There's no such thing as a 149DF all Futaba 9 channel rx's are PCM so it would have to be a PCM reciever.

Other than that, no I have the same setup in a 90 size scale heli with 8311's, a 5.6 volt duralite regulated setup and a 149dp and havent had any problems.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:24 AM
karolh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Compatability of JR8611 servos and Futaba 149DF reciever.

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

There's no such thing as a 149DF all Futaba 9 channel rx's are PCM so it would have to be a PCM reciever.

Other than that, no I have the same setup in a 90 size scale heli with 8311's, a 5.6 volt duralite regulated setup and a 149dp and havent had any problems.
Sorry about that my mistake regarding the Rx. Now we will have to try and figure out just what could have killed both RX's.

Karol