Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Max meter reading

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Texy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Max meter reading

I,m looking at this tranmitter for a friend who is concerned that, although its nicad pack is fully charged, it only reads '60' on the meter, that is, only just about over the red 'danger' area.
On the front of the tx is does say VOLTAGE UM-3 x 8 12V. Of course, with nicad pack its only going to be 9.6 volt. Is this the problem, or is there another solution? I did
consider changing the resistor that is across the meter to give a full reading with a newly charged pack, but thought I,d ask first if
anyone else has come across this problem.

Many thanks in advance,
Texy
Old 02-07-2003, 12:47 AM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

Default JR Max meter reading

I'm not real familiar with that particular model but most transmitters that use a meter are not displaying battery voltage at all but relative signal strength. The only real value is you would see some indication of lower output as compared to what it normally was. If you want to know anything about the battery, use a good voltmeter with a load to determine actual voltage. 9.6 volts is the nominal voltage for an 8 cell transmitter pack and most will show between 11-12 volts fresh off a charge and over 10V after some use.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:12 AM
cassidy
My Feedback: (5)

Default JR MAX

I have two of those. You have to extend the aentena fully to get an exact reading. On mine if you do not extend it it will read VERY low.
Hope this helps