Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Is PPM Rx safe with TME Smoke pump?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 02:33 PM
FUZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is PPM Rx safe with TME Smoke pump?

I am in the process of building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon. I am putting a Zenoah G-38 engine on it and would like to use a TME smoke system. I really didnt want to have to buy a PCM Rx since I already have a new Futaba Rx that I could use, but I am wandering if I would get radio interference with the PPM Rx? I have had this same plane and setup with the TME smoke system before and I used a Futaba PCM Rx without any problems. Basically,... I would like to know if anyone has used a PPM Rx with a TME smoke system?

Thanks,
FUZZ
Old 02-07-2003, 02:49 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TME pump says to run it for about half an hour to break in the brushes. It also says there may be some reduction in range. PPM or PCM makes no difference, PCM would just mask the glitches. I have installed the tme in my PW extra but have not had the oportunity to fly it with smoke yet. For me common sense applies. try to keep the pump as far away from the RX and antenna as possible and do a thourough range check
Old 02-08-2003, 12:21 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, I agree with smallfly.

PPM is just fine, and in mine I had no choice but to put the pump near the PPM Rx and still not a problem.

Just do a good range check with it off and on!