Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9Z WCII - Removable Tx Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 04:32 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9Z WCII - Removable Tx Battery?

Does the 9Z WCII have a removable Tx battery for cycling outside of the transmitter?

I have had both a 9CHP which had a removable battery by simply opening the back coverplate and disconnecting the battery by a normal Futaba J plug.

I have also had a 6XAs where the battery could only be removed by removing the whole back of the Tx and then reaching far down inside the box to disconnect the battery and then it turns out it isn't a standard J connector.

So my question is can I remove the Tx battery from a 9Z WCII the same way as the 9C, by simply removing the back cover plate and disconnecting the battery from a standard Futaba J connector?
Old 02-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Phil Cole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9Z WCII - Removable Tx Battery?

The answer is yes and no.

The 9Z has a removable battery pack. It comes out as a module, complete with the charging jack. The charging jack is "diode" protected, so can't be used for discharging or chargers that insist on measuring battery voltage before charging. There is another connector (only accessable with the pack removed) which allows direct access to the battery for cycling. There is no Futaba J connector, but it would not be hard to add one if you really wanted to do it that way.