Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Reason for erratic failsafe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reason for erratic failsafe?

I've recently aquired a new 1/5 scale gas road car RTR with junk radio equipment installed. I updated the rx with a Futaba R143F FM w/built in failsafe along with new name brand switch and rx 5 cell pack. I planned on using the 27mhz FM tx that came with the Baja 5b. As with all the OE radio stuff that came with the car, the servo's have no name on them at all, but seemed to work well enough. Problem is that the radio system is now disfunctional in any mode. In non FS, steering is fine, but throttle and brake function does whatever it wants with no input from me. When I turn off the tx(FS mode) both servos go crazy to the point of bending horns and control rods and such! I've run into this problem before with other vehicles and using the same brand of servos for steering and throttle always fixed it for me. I plan on replacing the servos with 1/4 scale matching units(at least brand) and hope that fixes it. Makes me wonder if there's a more concrete explanation of why this problem happens. Could a mix of digital and analog cause this when using a failsafe? Thanks for any ideas or thoughts on this.Paul
Old 02-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reason for erratic failsafe?

Maybe a Moderator could move this thread to the Futaba Direct Support forum?