Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Futaba 2.4ghz 6ch spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:18 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Futaba 2.4ghz 6ch spektrum

Agree. It's the same idea as using a checklist before takeoff in anything full scale. No matter how familiar something is, you can be distracted or forget momentarily. Performing a routine to remind you of just one important step can save your bacon. Anyway, this is something that should get worked out on an individual club level. If anyone thinks it's not necessary, convince your club officers. It's not accomplishing much outside of that realm.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:23 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

ORIGINAL: chrisF test pilot

The differences are in the processor and PCM encoding, or lack of in the DX7 which also does not have to do PPM translation. That is why the latency is much improved compared to some systems. The 12/14MZ has to do with processor speed and Futaba change how they do the PCM encoding with G3 making it significantly faster. You are still transmitting the same amount of data and doing it at 50Hz, it is just getting to the servos faster because of reduced processing time needed.
Some may find this thread on RunRyder interesting. Airtronics needs better marketing I think...

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t172571p4/

Old 05-06-2007, 04:07 PM
EstrellaRC

Thanks for the info, Bruce. I will also phone Futaba and try to find out what they have to say about the matter right now. If I find out anything interesting, I'll post it.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Subscribe
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 AM
FliteMetal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI:To answer some questions jet jocks and natural finished warbird builders might have we have posted the results of a test conducted by George Maiorana using his TU4. http://004edc4.netsolhost.com/fm__spread_spectrum.htm Discussion relative to Mark Taylor's issue was resolved as an electrical issue because there was never any finish related issues exhibited.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
aeajr

That is an outstanding report. I have one question.

It looks like there is a metal extension out of one of the tubes shown on the Futaba receiver. Is that the case?

With the Xtremem Power, I don't see it documented which transmitter/receiver combo was used. There are a lot of options.

With the DX7, I don't see it documented which receiver was used, since there are 3 available and a 4th is coming.

This is a fine piece of work. The Futaba test seems very well documented but the others are more thinly documented, unless I missed a link.

Thanks for posting the link to the report.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 AM
FliteMetal

Hello Ed:

I expressed our post as an evaluation of Flite-Metal...not each and every element or detail of individual SS system components as that would have resulted in a continuing line of investigations as systems are introduced. You should note you did not see any recommendations other than reference to manufacaturer's.

These are expressed results under ciccumstance which we could control with respect to measuring the differences in performance inside, inside with antenna(s) mounted externally as prescribed by manufacturer, and outside of any airplane... sitting flat on a platform.

It is not my intention to chase after every make and model of SS system out there. THE results of our evaluation can best serve a modeler's individual questions about what does and does not work can be observed by comparing their personal system performance to the results shown in this test which resolved there was not any difference between what was tested...with respect to normal power settings...period.

For those who have yet to read the evaluation post: http://004edc4.netsolhost.com/fm__spread_spectrum.htm
Old 05-25-2007, 10:11 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like all the systems were equal on high power.. On low power, which you shouldn't be using to fly, you could be in some trouble
Old 05-25-2007, 10:16 AM
aeajr

ORIGINAL: FliteMetal

Hello Ed:

I expressed our post as an evaluation of Flite-Metal...not each and every element or detail of individual SS system components as that would have resulted in a continuing line of investigations as systems are introduced. You should note you did not see any recommendations other than reference to manufacaturer's.

I understand and am appreciateive of what you published. For Futaba users, it seems they can proceed with confidence. I have no desire to diminish your test. But, to understand what you did it is NECESSARY to know what you tested.

With the Futaba it is easy. There is one transmitter and one receiver available, so we can understand that that combo works well with Flite-Metal. But if I wanted to use Flite-Metal on my plane with an XPS system, Ihave no idea what you tested. Likewise with Spektrum. The AR7000 is a two receiver wide diversity reciever. The AR6100 is a single receiver short range receiver. I just want to know what you tested so I can go forward with confidence.

It is good to know that the 6EX with its receiver worked well. Not clear about the others.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 AM
bruce88123

He's shown that Flite-Metal doesn't block 2.4 GHz appreciably. If you want more testing than that, buy a radio and do it I guess.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:59 AM
ScaleAero

I will list the explicit receivers used with respect to Xtreme and Spektrum in the heading area of the test results. I appreciate your concern and will make this adjustment. I agree a reader of the results should have a base line expectation with respect to their reciever which may or may not be the same as that utilized in our evaluation. It is more than fair to expect us to do this and again...I appreciate your professional approach considering how close to the vest the manufacturers have been
Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Dreamer077

You can bet it has something to do with money. What they had was selling. Most likely the competion forced them to do it.
Donnie Benton.. please get in touch with cliff about payment on the order he sent you... its been a really long time since your order was sent... can you contact him with your payment? thank you