Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba SS listed at towerhobbies

Old 02-08-2007, 07:45 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba SS listed at towerhobbies

Tower has the new Spread Spektrum listed on their site. Looks pretty nice for the money!!! ($249 retail)
Here's the listing:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPZT8&P=7

Futaba 6EX 6-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter/Receiver
FEATURES: Futaba's FASST (Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology) transmits a large amount of information to the receiver at extremely fast speed R606FS high sensitivity receiver for a full range system for all aircraft including park flyer applications-no need to buy separate receiver for specific aircraft Dual antenna diversity enables FASST system to automatically and seamlessly select the best reception between the two antennas built into the receiver ensuring that the aircraft stays under constant control of transmitter Easy failsafe setting using transmitter Futaba's Easy Link system utilizes a unique ID code to link the transmitter to the receiver When performing a ground check, the Power Down function allows modeler to reduce power from up to 50+ paces away-like retracting the antenna on a conventional transmitter Purpose built custom IC chips for key functions-no off the shelf IC chips

Airplane Features; Computer functions for powered aircraft with multiple wing and tail configurations Trainer function Six model memory Two programmable mixes Wing mixing Servo reversing and end point adjustments Dual rates for aileron, elevator and rudder Helicopter Functions; Three swashplate types Five-point throttle/pitch curves Gyro mixing Swash to throttle mixing

Old 02-08-2007, 07:53 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba SS listed at towerhobbies

I think we should start another thread about it.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:06 AM
jonkoppisch

I figured now that it's actually listed.....

They're more than welcome to kill the other one!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I wonder does it have elevator mixing. or pmix with trims.
That is what is wrong with the 6E now!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 PM
pappy35

OK fellows, mark your calendars. This announcement marks the beginning of the end for clips and shootdowns. JR and ACE are sure to follow suit with their brands and higher-end radios now...
Old 02-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Just placed my order with my LHS - they beat Tower's price by a bunch!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
OldFart1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now we wait for the _real_ announcement: A Module for the 9C
Old 02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
jonkoppisch

Either way I think it spells trouble for xls and spektrum.... Spektrum being much higher in price and xls being non-existent... I'll be willing to pick up one until a module comes out. If it's a futaba made mod, it should be compatable
Old 02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
OldFart1

Problem is - I'd have to buy three of them to accomodate all my models in memory _now_. Plus deal with a transmitter that doesn't have the features of the 9C

Right now - for the $100 delta in price I'd own a DX-7
Old 02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
jonkoppisch

Why Dx7? It's about the same isn't it?

I'm the same way on models... I have quite a few on my 9c. Love it except what I've seen recently on the latency, 9c being the worst!!!! I'm hoping nomadio will come out will something that is affordable and will compare!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

Either way I think it spells trouble for xls and spektrum.... Spektrum being much higher in price and xls being non-existent... I'll be willing to pick up one until a module comes out. If it's a futaba made mod, it should be compatable
Interesting comment.

A rapid comparison:
Spektrum DX7
+one channel
+4 digital servos
+4pmixes (6vs.2)
+expo. (none listed for Futaba
+what appears to be a number of other things---simply not listed for Futaba? or??

How does that spell trouble?. Only if you are a died in the wool Futaba fan (nothing wrong with that).
At a lousy $25/servo you are dead even in price??

Sorry, simply don't get your line of reasoning.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:38 PM
carrellh

I don't see this particular model being the end of the Spektrum DX7.
The $350 DX7 includes transmitter, receiver, four $30 servos, receiver battery, switch harness, charger.
The $250 Futaba says it includes transmitter and receiver.
Futaba, 6 model memory. DX7, 20 model memory.
DX7 documentation specifically mentions switch assignability and dual elevator servo support. If the Futaba is just the 6EXAS, with spread spectrum, it will have substantially less features.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
jonkoppisch

That's true, you do get a little extra. I already have the servos etc so I wasn't considering that. Just a quick way to get SS with as minor an investment as possible until a module comes out. I have futaba gear so that's the way I'm looking, futaba compatable. If I didn't then....
Old 02-08-2007, 04:47 PM
jonkoppisch

Could be, I bet it will put a good dent in it though. For the basic modeler who already has quite a few servos laying around and a radio & doesn't want to invest much $ but wants to get SS it will definately be a very tempting way to go.. Especially for almost 1/2 the price
Old 02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
jonkoppisch

My reasoning also is based on street price in mind also... Futaba Street price is going to be less than $200 supposedly and the street price as far as I know for the dx7 is almost twice that at $350
Old 02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
onewasp

The "street price" for the DX7 is not $350 but between $309 and $325! At least those are the numbers I have seen. These numbers are also based upon a complete system-----Spektrum may choose to offer Tx/Rx only----then we have an even different set of numbers.
Apples and oranges really at least at this point in time.

If your three posts in the 4:40Pm to 4:50PM time frame are all you have then I do not see where your reasoning is supported with any fact what-so-ever. Your opinion may always be your opinion----- But that is different than fact.

As I said earlier "Unless you are a died in the wool Futaba fan" (and again, there is nothing wrong with that).
Old 02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
jonkoppisch

lol, that's all that i have to do!!!!!! Last I knew the price of the dx7 was $350. If not then the deal is much closer, but as I said, for someone just looking for the basics at a cheap price..... Now back to doing the only thing that I do [8D]
Old 02-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: OldFart1

Now we wait for the _real_ announcement: A Module for the 9C

Old 02-08-2007, 06:00 PM
OldFart1

And then another announcement. RX's that don't cost an arm and a leg
Old 02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Futaba setup -is not like the Spektrum-
The "linking" approach is different and you may or may not prefer it.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
jonkoppisch

Part of the reason that I was leaning toward the futaba setup is that futaba has put out a ss mod for the cars so they may put one out for the airplane radios as well. That way if they do then the receivers or whatever you purchase now should be compatible with the mod and your 9c or whatever. You'd still be able to use the 6 channel receiver system thru backward compatibility like the dx6-7.

As far as I know spektrum hasn't shown any interest in a module and I believe has stated that they wont put one out... could be wrong though

And XLS.. welllll? If they ever find those stinkin screws
Old 02-08-2007, 06:51 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading lots of comments on "2.4 systems and how they work -- it looks like there is a lot of diverse opinion as to what it does -for the flyer
some want to get off the 72 MHZ , one flier at a time system and will gladly give up features which are technically available ONLY with the DX7 type system
A plug in module approach looks like the thing they want.
The latency issues and model saver (?) etc., don't seem to be of interest to them.
They will likely get their wish.
Just be careful what you wish for -
You may get it .
Old 02-08-2007, 06:59 PM
onewasp

I believe you'll find the Spektrum has had Car(surface) Modules out for well over two years perhaps three.
They also made the Module available for Futaba and others who have since come out with their own SS Car Radios.

On A/C they have stated that there were not planning on introducing them.
Futaba have indicated that they plan to support the 12 and 14MZ at a future date.
I am aware of no announced plan to go below the 12.

Tomorrow is another day-------we shall see what comes in to the market place and when. It should prove to be an interesting year.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

Part of the reason that I was leaning toward the futaba setup is that futaba has put out a ss mod for the cars so they may put one out for the airplane radios as well. That way if they do then the receivers or whatever you purchase now should be compatible with the mod and your 9c or whatever. You'd still be able to use the 6 channel receiver system thru backward compatibility like the dx6-7.

As far as I know spektrum hasn't shown any interest in a module and I believe has stated that they wont put one out... could be wrong though

And XLS.. welllll? If they ever find those stinkin screws
Spektrum put out a module for cars years ago. Spektrum isn't going anywhere, if anything it will get absorbed by JR, or JR will just use their technology. For the money, the DX7 is a much better buy than the new Futaba system. It's is far more capable, and comes with more equipment.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
jonkoppisch

Hi Dick,
Are you saying that the futaba system will have a much higher latency, wont have a model save and no features? Wont the futaba system have the advantage thru a module whereas the spektrum system will always be limited to the version of the transmitter that you purchase? IE, IF futaba puts out a module then for probably $100 I'll be able to use my 9c with the 6 channel ss system whereas with the spektrum to get more channels you'd actually have to buy their new 9 channel or whatever radio they step up to? So you'd probably have to re-invest another $3-400 anyway?

The 9c, in ccpm mode has an extremely high latency rate, do you know if it's the same latency rate in airplane mode? I believe that i read that it just has to do with the ccpm right?

I'm mainly looking at the option of being able to step up to a module.. If you can't do that then the dx7 is definately the better system right now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.