Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tweaking walkera radio system! plz help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Codeblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweaking walkera radio system! plz help

HELLO!
I bought a defected walkera heli a while back and now decided to make a car with my walkera radio system since i love the amazing range at which it can operate. Well, i have a few questions:
1) Is there a way to operate the throttle without having the pitch change respectively?
2) Is there a way to operate the tale motor and the head motor completely separately?
3) Is there any way to make the GEAR switch do anything, i opened up the transmitter and it is connected to the circuit board, it must do something but i cant figure out what.
4) I know this question is silly but is there a way to make the head motor reverse its direction of rotation?
Anybody who has any radio-tweaking experience please tell me how can i use my heli radio and interpret it into a radio similar to the kind they use in rc cars. Thanks in advance

Lots of love
Dima
Old 02-15-2007, 06:26 AM
JRexA

Default RE: Tweaking walkera radio system! plz help

1: I don't know, but my guess is you could change the Pitch Mixing in the radio, that ought to be explained in the manual.

2: If you leave out the Gyro, then the Tail engine is only controlled by the rudder stick input.
3: Gear is up/down function on the gear channel of the receiver. Typically used for operating the landing gear on a plane.
4: If you use a Speed controller with reverse (0 speed would then be stick centered) Heli Speed controllers doesn't have a Reverse, as they have no need for it.

You should be able to find manuals at: http://www.walkera.com
Old 02-15-2007, 11:15 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Dima,
The first thing that you need to do is make sure that you have a surface frequency. I don't know abou Canada, but in the USA 72mhz is for aircraft only and 75mhz is for surface use. 27mhz can be used for both. If you use a aircraft frequency for surface, you may cause someonr to crash their plane. We have a $10,00 fine here for offenders. The gear switch usually operates channel five on the receiver. You could use a slide switch with a servo to reverse the polarity of your motor for reverse. A transmission could also do this.

Dave
Old 02-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Codeblack

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate this!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Codeblack

So what is GEARS's property? Does it work like a relay? Does it operate for a short period of time?