Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New & Old

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:59 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New & Old

1972 Kraft KPT-6B with the Spektrum DX-7.

How far we've come in 35 yrs.

I worked my as_ off to pay off that old Kraft. Scary that today's 9303's, 10X or 9C's or 14MZ radios use the same old, vulnerable technology.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26348.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	621743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35813.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	621744  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 AM
silent flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New & Old

Man, seeing that old Kraft brings back memories. Bought my first one in 1973 for about $300. A 5 ch. Sport Series. I have about 7 or 8
old gold boxes on the shelf. Only the ones made in the USA.
Maybe we just want to remember the basics. "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it" Just improve it. I still use some of that old stuff, search to find a servo that runs the correct direction, and go fly. It still works and thats what it's all about.

Don't misunderstand, I like the convenience of the bells and whistles and they will make you a better pilot. Thats why I own computer radios now. But, hey no Dell laptop in 1973.