Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR X-378 Mode 1 to Mode 2 ?

Old 02-06-2003, 06:15 AM
Millburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR X-378 Mode 1 to Mode 2 ?

I just purchased a JR X-378 to learn heli's with. The guys at the field say the throttle needs to be swapped to Mode 2 (left) as it's now on the right.

There's no details in the manual to do this.... does anyone know ?
Old 02-06-2003, 01:28 PM
imeins

I guess you will want to not just reallocate the position but also swap the spring loading and ratchet. I've done it on two Futaba's and it's fairly straight forward but there may be more to it in the X378. Especially if the micro expects to see the throttle/collective on a specific channel. If all else fails take it back to the store ?

You could try Laurie at Col Taylor models in Wagga Wagga (02) 69256600. Laurie has one and loves it. Good people too.

Ingmar
(Griffith NSW)
Old 02-06-2003, 09:35 PM
RooBoy

Default Mode 1 to 2

I am also in Australia (Melbourne) and bought a X-378 just before Christmas and yes, I too flow mode 2 (planes though). Purposely learnt this way a few years ago because I that it made more sense than mode 1.

Anyway, no the book doesn't show you the mechanics of swapping the controls over, just the programming change to the electronics, but it really is quite simple.

Put a towel down on your work bench, turn the TX upside down and remove the back cover. Basically you are moving the spring from the right stick to the left stick. That's it - if I remember correctly. I had to undo a few bolts holding the spring carrier and used long nosed pliers to unhook the spring.

Be careful not to drop any screws into the circuitry and check with your supplier to see if you would void warranty if you did it yourself. I took the chance, but have a good relationship with my local hobby shop. You may want to send it back and get it done professionally.

Regards,
Old 02-09-2003, 10:18 PM
beavertail

If your learning to fly Helo's , you might want to leave the ratchet off. Sometimes, the difference between hovering and landing is in between one of those ratchet grooves.