Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Servos??????

Old 02-09-2003, 12:56 AM
Mustang51
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Servos??????

Can anyone give me feedback about these servos?
Looking for info on the digitals and the "servo programer".

Thanks,

Mustang51
Old 02-09-2003, 03:09 AM
JDM
My Feedback: (8)

Default Asking for trouble

Boy are you asking for trouble? Or what. Beware of what you are asking, and be ready for what you have started.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:15 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

The HiTec line of servos is comparable in speed, torque, performance and quality with all other manufacturers products of this type. There have been a few issues with the digital servos, when they first came out, and in the past the repuration for QC was not the best, but these factors have been addressed, and the quality of the HiTec line or products is outstanding.

A search through the RCU archives for previous threads/posts about the hiTec digitals and analog servos would be a good idea, as all the pertinent arguments would have been adressed already. As well, you can contact the hiTec RCU representative, Mike Mayberry, if you so desire, for further clarification or information you may need.

I use HiTecs in every plane I own (up to 44% IMAC planes), and their lower price, for comparable performance, is a definite plus for their purchase and usage. I have had a lower failure rate with HiTecs than with my JR servos, and find no problems with their performance.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Russmall

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Kris. I use Hitec's in all of my planes, both digital and non digital and have yet to have a problem........RS
Old 02-09-2003, 09:59 PM
beavertail

Default Yep

Can you say" hornets nest"

Hitec sucks, no, Hitec rocks These threads are getting old. lol

Your best bet is to do a search for the servos you are intersted in, This topic has been threaded too many times.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a large number of Hitec servos, analog and digital. I have only had one problem with a new digital. In the past I have had several Futaba servos fail

Vince