Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about my battery pack:

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 03:14 AM
JohnRC-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my battery pack:

I have an old AM 4-ch Futaba radio, and it hasn't been used for years. The battery clips were corroded, and I didn't want to pay $30 for a new one, so I ordered some cells to solder together. The original battery pack was 9.6V 500ma. I couldn't find any 500ma batteries, so I got 600ma.

Will the extra 100ma break anything? I got enough cells to replace my reciever batteries also, and they are the same ma, 500.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:34 AM
LarryC

JohnRC,

The extra battery capacity won't do any harm,. It will only make the transmitter run longer before it has to be charged.
A bigger question is whether the transmitter meets the current bandwidth and stability standards for rc use.
You can probably use the Futaba support forum to find out. Give them the model and serial number with your question.

Good Luck with it.
Larry
Old 02-09-2003, 03:44 AM
JohnRC-RCU

Thanks Larry, I feel better already
Old 02-09-2003, 05:33 AM
strato911

To find out if your transmitter is legal to be used in today's "narrow band" frequencies, you can check Futaba's discontinued products FAQ here:
http://www.futabarc.com/faq/service-faq.html#q41

By the way, I still use my old Futaba AM radio for one of my planes. Yes, it's narrow band.
Why fix what isn't broken...
Old 02-09-2003, 06:26 AM
JohnRC-RCU

Yeah it's narrow...The Futaba Attack-4 I do have an old Conquest 4NL that's not narrow...yet! I read that AM goes just as far as PCM or PPM, and I never have interference problems out here, so this will work. Someday i'll get a 6XAS or RD6000, but summer is too close, and I need to finish my Stingray 40 before the snow melts.

Great information, thanks again.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:38 AM
strato911

Mine is also an Attack-4. FYI - AM uses a form of PPM as well, just like basic FM systems.

Here's a good site which explains alot about how aour RC systems work: http://www.torreypinesgulls.org/Radios.htm