RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9z versions

Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Flystagg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 9z versions

I'm looking to pick up a used 9z system, and I'm trying to decide if its is worth the extra hundred bucks or so to find a wc2 model vs an original 9z or Wc version. I've already checked the futaba website for the differences and it looks like for the extra money the wc2 has blinged blue anodized sticks, three position switches, and "increased frame rate at center stick for digital servos". For a hundred bucks I can live without bling, and three position switches, but can some one who has tried both versions tell me if they've noticed a performance difference with the increased frame rate, futaba doesn't give any quantitative information, and I don't see how it can be better than pcm 1024 without using a better receiver like the one the 14mz uses. I'm going to be using the transmitter for small electric helicopters, so any performance difference would probably help.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 AM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 9z versions

I've owned all 3 versions of the 9z, and the "increased resolution" in the WC2 isn't something that I ever noticed. Supposedly it increases the update rate around center stick, so that a CCPM heli doesn't have as much interaction. However, my last 9z was a WC (which doesn't have the increased resolution), and on numerous CCPM helis, there was no interaction, because I set them up right. If I were buying another 9z, I would go for the WC2 for a couple reasons, first, it will be a much newer unit, the WC and original 9z units are really getting old, and when they go in for service end up costing a few hundred dollars for pots and things to be replaced. Second, the 3 position switches are nice. I never found anything I couldn't do with my WC that I was able to do with the WC2, but the extra flexibility of the 3 position switches was missed a few times.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 AM
chrisF test pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 9z versions

I have a 9ZHP and would agree with ncrego, the ZH/ZA and WC units are getting really old, and if you look hard enough I have seen WCII units NIB on ebay and else where. As well as being all over the forum classifieds for ~$300-500. Try the classifieds on runryder, I see a lot of them there.