Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Please help[ - Setting up a radio system with servo and Speed Controller

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Please help[ - Setting up a radio system with servo and Speed Controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 02:54 PM
hoverferry-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help[ - Setting up a radio system with servo and Speed Controller

I have brought a Acoms two Channel Digital proportional Radio Control System, which has a controller, reciever and two servos. I have alos purchased a Ripmax Xtra electronic speed controller. In the Guide to the R/C System, it shows two links conected to servos from the reciever, and another from the receiver (This link is marked as battery on the receiver), through a switch, two the speed controller, which, in turn, is conected to a Ni-Cd battery pack. But in the Speed Controller information, is says that the speed controller needs to be connected up to the throttle channel. What do I have to do? Do I need a seperate battery for the reciever and one for the motors? - this is my first time, so i could really do with some help,

Please Help!!!

HoverFerry-2006
Old 02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Chocks_Away

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please help[ - Setting up a radio system with servo and Speed Controller

Hiya.

No problem

I assume that you are using this for an electric car, boat or tank as it is only 2 channels, one for throttle, and one for steering right ? -OK...........

You only need one battery pack to power it all, it is commonly known as a BEC, or Battery Eliminating Circuit,
and prevents the need to use a seperate battery to supply the receiver/servos, and the motor.
When the battery starts to fade, power to the motor is cut, so there is enough power remaining so you still have control of your remaining controls.

You need to plug the speed controller into the throttle channel on the receiver.
On a 2 channel receiver, this is usually channel 2.
Just plug the other servo into channel 1 for your steering then.
The battery pack plugs into the speed controller, and some speed controllers have their own power on/off switches. ( I have a Ripmax Xtra ESC, and there is a seperate one on mine, so it is likely there may be one on yours too )

The remaining switch lead that plugs into the battery input in the receiver can be ignored, and left out.

Just for future reference:
Receivers can use any spare socket for a battery to be plugged into, as the rails are all wired in parallel to each other.
The only things that are different in each socket, is the individual channel outputs that need to be in the right places.
i.e Most of my aeroplane receivers are 7 channels.
I mostly only use 4 of the 7 which means I can plug a battery into either one of the sockets (5, 6 or 7) that are left.
You are obviously pretty limited though when only using a 2 channel one.

Hope this helps you,
Regards, Craig [sm=thumbup.gif]