Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Futaba MPDX-1 Multi-Proportional System 8-Channel 14MZ

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba MPDX-1 Multi-Proportional System 8-Channel 14MZ

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:21 PM
bluestratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba MPDX-1 Multi-Proportional System 8-Channel 14MZ

I read throught the on line manual as I was wondering how you pick the channels above 14 ( you can add two of these channel expanders for a total of 28 channels per the adverstising). Since there was no info in the manual I emailed their techs. It took several e-mails to get it straight but what I found out is that while the MPDX adds 7 addtional channels ( it has 8 but you lose one on your reciever to plug it into), you can only uses as many channels as you have switches on your radio. That means that while it allows you to expand, say a 7 channel reciever to 14, but if you add it to the 14 channel reciever you can only plug in addtional servos but they must be controled form a common switch. Ie you can have say 4 airleron servos, 2 elevators but still have 14 diffenent channels. As it is now, I often exceed the channels on a 9 channel reciever as in my Beach craft+2 airlerons, 2 for flaps, 1 for throttle, 1 for choke, 1 for ignition cut off, 1 for rudder, 1 for retracts and 1 for elevator for a total of 10 servos, but only 8 channels. Essentially it acts as a power expander except you can do some programming from the MPDX for each servo that is plugged into it.

So in reality, you dont have 28 channels, you have 28 slots, the extra 14 must be combined with an existing switch, slider or knob. It is a good way to make my existing 7-9 channel pcms expand and is reasonably priced at $69.99.,..way cheaper than a 14 channel reciever. Adding the MPDX will allow me to make my 7 channel recievers all 14 channels.

Best regards,
Randy
Old 02-21-2007, 10:57 PM
tkilwein

Default RE: Futaba MPDX-1 Multi-Proportional System 8-Channel 14MZ

Check AGAIN, the expander only works with the 5014 rx, or at least that was the latest I saw a few days ago.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
bluestratos

The advertising implies other wise, but I would not be surprised. Where did you see the info you supplied?

Thanks,
Randy
Old 02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The full info is at: http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futm4158.html

You need a 14MZ transmitter, but it will work with other Futaba PCM receivers.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:03 PM
bluestratos

Excellent news, thanks Bax.. thats how I understood it. By the way has there been another update to the 14MZ since the one I did last spring?

Best regards,
Randy