Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Yet another Spektrum question....

Old 02-23-2007, 02:25 PM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another Spektrum question....

I was wondering .. what exactly keeps Spektrum radios from getting hit by interference from other devices that operate at 2.4Ghz? I can think of several right right next to me.. My wireless phone, Baby monitors, and my Wireless router. Do these systems interfere with each other? Yup. What keeps these and similar sytems from hitting the Spektrum? Anyway, just curious. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Zephirus79

Default RE: Yet another Spektrum question....

The spektrum works kinda like a wireless computer network. You could have 50 access points but you only connect to one. That is why you "program" your spektrum to only use your transmitter. It will ignore all other signals even if it is on 2.4GHz cause it doesn't have the GUID identifier that your transmitter has.
"
Old 02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

Oh ok that makes sense... All this here new technology is confusing [&:] Thanks for the quick response.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
And the DX7 uses 2 available channels, plus to GUID code, your cordless phone & other low powered 2.4Ghz equipment, only uses 1.
So if your cordless phone was on 1 channel, nearby, the DX7 will not use that one, because it is not available.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:01 PM
JustABigKid
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Zephirus79

The spektrum works kinda like a wireless computer network. You could have 50 access points but you only connect to one. That is why you "program" your spektrum to only use your transmitter. It will ignore all other signals even if it is on 2.4GHz cause it doesn't have the GUID identifier that your transmitter has.
"
The difference here is that, if other devices transmit on your channels, the signals can be corrupted so that the GUID identifier cannot be received properly. Your receiver will then just reject the frame of data sent from your transmitter, and the failsafe will kick in (freezing your servos) until uncorrupted frames can be received again. The proof of this technology will be in how often this happens...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
chrisF test pilot

ORIGINAL: KenCClark

ORIGINAL: Zephirus79

"
The difference here is that, if other devices transmit on your channels, the signals can be corrupted so that the GUID identifier cannot be received properly. Your receiver will then just reject the frame of data sent from your transmitter, and the failsafe will kick in (freezing your servos) until uncorrupted frames can be received again. The proof of this technology will be in how often this happens...
That isnt completely correct. You dont get corruption per se with SS communication. The only time there would be an issue, regardless of how many devices were using the same frequency, is if the noise floor were high enough around that frequency so that the Rx could not see the signal. In terms of SS that would be LOS, not corruption. And it may not avoid a frequency that some other device is using, only another Spektrum device or a channel that was too noisy. Just because another device is on a frequency doesnt make it unusable.