Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DS 821 Servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 PM
le fou
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 821 Servos

Hello,

I bought some Spektrum DS 821 servos on the ebay. I understood that digital servos are known to make buzzing noises but my servos do not make much more noises that my other Hitec servos that are not digitals. Can somebody confirm that these servos are quiet?

I also read in previous posts that the "main" screw (not the mounting screws) was too short and needed to be changed. Any feedback on that issue?

I plan to use them on my patriot XL.

Thanks,

Le fou
Old 02-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DS 821 Servos

I was reading those posts to, but from what Danny S from Horizon claims, all the servo's from JR/SPECTRUM use the same screws. I also have a few of them and wondering the same thing.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Ken6PPC

My S821's don't make any noise worth mentioning. I have been very happy with DS821's on three different planes. (Well, actually, my newest plane hasn't flown yet, so I SHOULD say on just two planes.)

Anyway, the "short screw" thing turned out to be a mistake. The most vocal critic of the DS821 servos I know of found out later that his locktite was breaking down the plastic servo shafts, causing them to break. His shafts were breaking due to the use of locktite - not from the screws.

I put my DS821 servos through a LOT of abuse, and I have never yet had one fail. I bought six more build my latest with. (H9 ST 50) I doubt I can give them a better endorsement than that.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Ken6PPC

Check this out.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5342631]Locktite did it....[/link]