RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr - won't power on

Old 02-11-2003, 01:41 AM
Fox 77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr - won't power on

I purchased a jr xf 622 - 6 channel in a non working condition. I have tested the battery (works good) I took the back cover off and found a small 3amp glass fuse which was blown. I replaced the fuse but still have no power to the main switch. Does anyone know what I could check?......... and is this radio worth the trouble?...........would like to use it to fly my x-cell 60 graphite heli.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:20 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If it can be repaired for reasonable cost, then yes, it's worth the trouble. It could be a bad switch.

If it were me, I'd send the radio back to Horizon and have it checked out and repaired. Their fees are quite reasonable and they will contact you with the repair total before they actually replace anything.

John
Old 02-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Most JR Radio failures are caused by someone plugging a Futaba charger in a JR radio. THe 200-300 dollar radio with its easily blown electronics does an excellent job protecting that 20 cent fuse.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:26 AM
coloradoz
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is also caused by the internal lithium battery going dead. I had the same problem, by battery was good, blown fuse, I also replaced it and had no response from the radio. I sent it to Horizon, very reasonably and quickly I might add, and they sent it back with a replaced fuse and lithium battery - and all is well.

Short version, Send it to Horizon.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:24 AM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup ! The memory battery is most likely Kaput. The radio is right at the age when the Lithium memory battery is flat .
Old 02-12-2003, 02:21 AM
Phil Cole

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Since you say there is no power to the main switch, I'd look at the power input board. The JRs I've seen solder the charging jack directly to the board with no other mechanical support. It's possible that the traces are broken through repeated insertion of the charging plug.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:47 PM
System07

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In my JR 421EX i accidentally plugged it in to the wrong charger and i was sooo mad it wouldn't turn back on, but my dad took a look on it and said it just needed a new fuse and we put one in there and it worked. the first time i did that the frequency crystal in the back wasn't all the way plugged in when i put the two halves together i wondered why it wouldn't turn on, until i saw that, and once i got the crystal plugged in totally the radio turned back on. that might be one thing to check. besides that i don't know.
-Erik