Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Slow futaba 9254

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:32 PM
USMC2111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow futaba 9254

I was going over my Thunder Tiger Raptor 50 Titan (helicopter) and noticed that the tail servo that controls the tail rotor blades wasn't moving as fast as it should. It is hooked up to a Futaba GY401 gyro. I have been flying my heli for some time now and have never had a problem out of it. Just out of the blue it starts moving slow. FYI, it has a 0.06sec speed with 47oz torque (its digital). Anyways, i thought it might be the linkage rod binding somewhere causing it to move slow. So i disconnected the linkage rod and now its just the servo with the horn. It still does it. Here is the funny part. If i take the rudder stick, and move it from side to side back and forth really fast a few times, it frees up and moves at its normal speed. But if i turn off the rx, then turn it back on again, its back to its slow self. And yes, the battery is charged! Has anyone had a similar problem with a digital servo? I'm just wondering if its the motor going bad, a bad bearing inside, or something else. It's not even that old. I don't want the servo to lock up on me while flying my helicopter!!!! Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Wlouigene
My Feedback: (66)

Default RE: Slow futaba 9254

Your travel adjustment (ATV) for the rudder, is it at 100%? Because if it below 100 that will slowdown your piro rate, if it already at 100 try increase it until you are happy with the tail.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:15 PM
hobbynutt

[]The problem that you are stating, sounds like a bad digital amp in the servo. The narrowbandwidth has gone soft. You can get it repaired, so you might want to send it in, before it quits totally. Semper Fi......
Old 03-09-2007, 12:26 AM
USMC2111

ORIGINAL: Wlouigene

Your travel adjustment (ATV) for the rudder, is it at 100%? Because if it below 100 that will slowdown your piro rate, if it already at 100 try increase it until you are happy with the tail.
Sorry Wlouigene, but i doubt that is the problem, because it has flown flawlessly the last 3 months. I haven't changed a thing. Now all of a sudden it is slow. But, thanks for your input!!!

The problem that you are stating, sounds like a bad digital amp in the servo. The narrowbandwidth has gone soft. You can get it repaired, so you might want to send it in, before it quits totally. Semper Fi......
Thanks hobbynutt! Is this a common problem with digital servo's? I have some expensive digital servo's on my heli (9252) and i dont want them to go bad as well. That would make for an interesting flight! SEMPER FI!