Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba crystal, Hitec Reciever?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:02 PM
sea fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba crystal, Hitec Reciever?

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Futaba crystals in Hitec recievers? The specific reciever in question is the Hitec Electron 6.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:34 PM
mtwister

Default RE: Futaba crystal, Hitec Reciever?

That is what I have been doing for quite a long time now. I use the Hitec Supreme 8 and Electron 6's, all with Futaba crystals. I seem to have had alot of problems with the Hitec crystals, and switched them all out to Futabas and have had great sucess for a few years now.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
rccrasher1967

whats the difrince between short and long crystals and can you use a 4 channel RX with a 6 channel TX
Old 03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
mtwister

Not quite sure what you mean by short and long crystals, but there is a difference between tx and rx crystals. Yes, you can use a 4 channel rx with a 6 channel tx.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: rccrasher1967

whats the difrince between short and long crystals and can you use a 4 channel RX with a 6 channel TX
All the short crystals are single conversion, the long crystals I believe are all dual?...

In any event the long crystals are what goes in my PCM rx's and the short ones go in a few small rx's used in my foamies and Blade CP which are PPM type.

Yes you can use a 4 channel rx with a 6 channel tx, just make sure if mixing brands that you observe the channel number/functions listed on the rx if different from the tx and that the shifts are compatible.

As for crystal brand matching, I prefer to use the crystals manufactured by the rx manufacturer but since I was not able to obtain information about who made the rx in the Blade CP, or a frequency I wanted to match my 9C Futaba tx, I used a short Futaba crystal in the Blade and it seems to work fine.