Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Here we go another newbie ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 06:37 AM
handysmurf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here we go another newbie ??

Die horse die! Exponential! I want to get this perfectly clear before I change aile. and whatever else might this setting use. From what I understand the higher the expo the less sensitivity I will have around the center. So, I can change the travel rate of my aile, and set it(expo) to 100% and it will fly like a low rate around the center? And I am not really sure about the % rate on this. Let say I have it 100%, mental picture, it will have an even rate change like a 45 degree slop to the end; and 50% expo will have it at a 45 degree slop until it reaches the 50% mark and become extremely sensitive? if my question doesn't seem clear thats because I am not clear on the subject. Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 06:44 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just sit down with the plane and dial in a whole bunch of expo and see how the controls react. I wouldn't recommend more than 30% or so when starting to use expo. The more expo you use, thesofter the center, but the transition from soft to full deflection becomes very quick and harsh. Remember for Futaba and Hitec to use negative expo and positive for JR.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Lynx

People don't seem to understand exactly what expo is. This is odd consider the word used to describe it explains it. Exponential is exactly what it sounds like. It applies an exponential filter to the raw input from the stick. Which means instead of being linear it's like having a mixing curve that looks like 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 Looks just like a standard exponential curve. Start off going up slowly, keep going up slowly and then very quickly get faster. Negative just applies this in reverse. The bigger the expo number the more the curve is applied. You won't notice the expo so much at first unless you have a big number dialed in for it. But it can can almost entirely replace dual rates as you still get full throws out of your servos at stick end but you get more sensitivity up near center stick where you need it.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:50 AM
handysmurf

Strangely enough lynx, that makes perfect since now!