RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Boy just once

Old 02-14-2003, 03:45 AM
CAP232CM
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

I would like to order something and it not come damaged. I just recieved my new JR 8103 today and 3 of the 4 servos mounting tabs are broken off. This is a real pain in the butt because now I have to send everything back and wait another week or so to get this straightened out with Horizon. I was going to sell the servos anyway but now I can't even do that.

Every dang time I order something be it a ARF, radio, or what ever something is always broke. Something has got to be done about this. Either the packers or shippers or who ever is responsible for making sure your product arrives safely is not doing their job.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:59 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

Sey wot????

This is an extrodinary complaint........

You mean that of several servos you orderd, that the mounting ears are broken off?

I've been buying R/C stuff for many years, and have never encountered a single servo, from any manufacturer, with "broken" servo mounts.......

I know these are JR, but who/whom did you buy them from?

what's your experience with JR, and other R/C products?
Old 02-14-2003, 04:25 AM
CAP232CM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

I ordered the radio through Hoizon Hobbys which is the distrbutor for JR. I bought the FM version of the 8103 with four jr 537's and the 549 reciever, $469.99. Ya the 537's are not the greatest of all servos but that's besides the point.

This was my first JR purchase and will probably be my last if Hoizon does not take care of this.

Other vendors I've had problems with are Sig, Lanier, Great Planes, Hobby Town USA, that's all I can think of right now.

I've tried to support my local hobby shops time after time but they do not carry the things that I need 95% of the time. So I go to internent sales most of the time because I can find anything I need 100% of the time and have it shipped right to my door. I fly mostly 1/4 scale and above so needless to say all my hobby shops carry are park flyers and RC cars.

Out of all the problems I've had Great Planes has got to be the WORST place of all to buy from and now JR is getting close in my book. I bought a Great Planes Patty Waggstaf 1/4 scale arf in October from Hobby Town USA and I'm still waiting on parts that got broke in shipping for that.

This hobby is really starting to suck and is becoming less fun as the years go by. I can't even finish anything I have because of all the broken stuff I have to replace. My basement is in shambels and my wife is getting pissed at me because of all the broken crap I have laying around unfinished. I have 4 planes that I could fly if it wasn't for something being broke on them. That is all for now I'm so pissed I can't even see straight to type.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:25 AM
trailingedge
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

WOW, that's terrible. I hate to hear that you've had such bad luck with ordering over the internet. Nearly all of my experiences have been good with Tower and others from the net. The nearest hobby shop is about an hour and a half away from me so I order nearly all hobby specific parts from the net other than fuel. Hopefully Horizon will fix your problem quickly. The 8103 is a great radio, you'll love it.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:58 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default could be worse...

This is what my DP Ultimate .40 looked like upon receipt...

The lady at the Post Office mentioned that "its insured, so don't worry about it." Very helpful

Unbelivable as it seems, the plane was 100% undamaged!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:51 PM
cwat212

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

Wow, I guess I have been extremely lucky. I have not had anything damaged from shipping from both Tower and Horizon. I hope they fix the problem for you.

I believe everything I have received has been shipped via UPS.

Good luck
Old 02-14-2003, 07:36 PM
tiggerinmk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Nice plane, shame about the box....

Must've been well packed to survive a scrunch like that.....

CAP232CM,

My LHS deals with HH and can order stuff from them and get in within a week. Can't you order stuff from your LHS? It won't cost you any more than getting it from HH, and they can make sure it's ok before you collect it.....
Old 02-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

Horizon is first class. I guess if the pkg. sustained a blow hard enough to break off servo ears the entire radio should be returned as well.
Horizon WILL bend over backward to please in any event.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:04 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

Well I guess I've been lucky..... you see I order via internet and goods are shipped to Gulfport, from where they are put in containers and brought down to honduras..go through customs at port and on a truck (bouncing on the potholes) until they arrive at our warehouse in La Ceiba , Honduras until finally a melodious voice calls me and says the magic words: "Dr. Gutierrez youhave a package"
In three years I've ordered from TH, Quantum, Radical RC, HObby Lobby, just engines, sorry haven't touched Horizon yet (knock on wood..... six planes, radios,servos, etc,etc, etc and have yet to receive a damaged package....
so I guess CAp232...somebody in the UPS/USPS office closer to you hates you!!!! (just kidding)
Hope your luck improves..
Old 02-15-2003, 02:43 AM
CAP232CM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

visioneer_one: Man that's ate up. No mine wasn't quite that bad this time but I've recieved planes kind of like yours. Is the plane ok or are they sending you a new one?

Ladyflyer: The funny thing is that the box the radio came in was perfect, not a mark on it. It looks like someone droped the servos befor they put them in the box or something. After that they said oh well it's time for lunch.

tiggerinva: I've tried my hobby shop to get stuff from Horizon but they mark it up so much that it's not worth the trouble.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone maybe my luck will change some day.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:24 AM
bentgear

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Boy just once

I think the shipping gods love to play tricks on people. You get a box like in the above pictures and expect the worst and all is well. You get the next box in and it looks like its never been touched, even packed inside another box, and the wing is broke in half. Somebody, somewhere, has got to be laughing about all this.
Ed M.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Holton50

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Boy just once

yeah i know what u mean. i just bought a great planes patty wagstaff too, the monokote is all scrached up, the canopy is tore up [:@], i wasnt very pleased at all.